- Certified organic by the USDA and Skal
- Vanilla beans are Fairtrade Certified by Fairtrade Canada
- Certified GMO-free by Quality Assurance International and Skal
- Certified Kosher Pareve by the Chicago Rabbinical Council
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
- For food use only
Nielsen-Massey has been a certified organic manufacturer since 1996. The company uses only Fairtrade certified, ethically sourced vanilla beans, supporting small-scale farmers in developing countries and ensuring sustainable farming practices.
Did You Know? Ordinary vanilla essence is made with vanillin, an artificial ingredient that imitates the taste of natural vanilla. Vanillin is a by-product of the wood industry or from petrochemicals – not very appetising! Real organic vanilla extract is tastier, healthier and of course more eco-friendly.
Please Note: One tablespoon of Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract is equivalent to one vanilla bean.
Storage: The alcohol in this pure vanilla extract acts as a natural preservative, so the product has a nearly unlimited shelf life. If the liquid becomes cloudy or sediment starts to form at the bottom of the bottle, simply shake well before use.
Recipe for Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream:
- 750ml unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 220g castor sugar (or substitute coconut sugar)
- 2tbsp Nielsen-Massey Organic Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Process in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put your mixture in a covered, freezer-safe container and freeze it overnight. Serve garnished desiccated coconut and enjoy!
Water, organic alcohol (35%), organic vanilla bean extractives.
Nutritional information (per 1 tbsp serving):
- Calories: 15
- Total fat: 1g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary fibre: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 2%
5 out of 5 people would recommend this product04/02/2019, By RowenaIt is very expensive, but the scent and flavour are natural. NIce knowing that there are no 'badies' in it.30/04/2018, By YvetteIt is expensive but lasts a very long time!07/03/2017, By JuaneI wish this product was just a little less expensive so that I can use it more often in my day to day baking, because it truly is amazing!!! For that special occasion it is absolutely worth paying the high price!26/06/2015, By MaraExpensive but very good product, will use it for now on.15/04/2015, By YvetteVery expensive but worth every drop!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.