- No artificial additives or preservatives
- All the flavour & texture with none of the gluten & guilt
- Sugar-free, sweetened with xylitol
- Sunflower seed flour is high in fibre & a good source of vitamin E
- Sunflower seed flour is also full of minerals like calcium, magnesium, selenium & copper
- Psyllium husk is fibre-rich, promoting healthy digestion
To make 1 cake or 6 cupcakes:
- Mix 230g of vanilla cake mix with 5 egg yolks, separated from the egg whites. (Vegans can substitute chia eggs/ a vegan-friendly egg replacement)
- Mix in 100g melted butter, 2Tbsp vanilla essence, 2Tbsp Greek yoghurt &1Tbsp lemon juice. (Vegans can substitute coconut oil)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased cake pan or cupcake moulds.
- Bake at 180°, approx. 1 hour for a cake & 35 minutes for cupcakes.
Recipe for LCHF Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla & xylitol on low speed until completely mixed.
- Increase speed to medium & beat the mixture until slightly fluffy (about 2-3 minutes), scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Use this LCHF frosting to ice your Banting Basket vanilla cake or cupcakes.
Sunflower seed flour, xylitol, psyllium husk, gluten-free baking powder, salt
Nutritional information per cake:
- Calories: 1906
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fibre: 28.2g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Red Basket Food Co Banting Vanilla Cake Premix
30 Sep, 2015, By Michelle
Very easy to make and, amazingly enough, rises wonderfully. Not as light as normal cake but once I had mixed it I pressed peach slices into the mix and then baked it. Poured the peach juice over the cake when it came out of the oven and it was delicious with fresh cream!
10 Sep, 2015, By Charmaine
Im not a big baker, so was impressed that this came out as lovely as it did. Separating the egg whites was the biggest challenge for me, but it is otherwise effortless. Lovely texture and flavor, not too sweet and smells just as delicious. Goes well with tea. I will definitely buy it again.
24 Jun, 2015, By Freya
Great Cake Recipe! Tastes remarkably similar to a
ormal vanilla cake!