The Karoo Blend includes seasonal Frantoio, Leccino, Coratina, Barnea, Dor Carlo, Koroneiki or Favolosa olive varieties. The flavour is soft and well-balanced.
- Grown & bottled on the estate in the Central Karoo town of Prince Albert
- 100% local, cold extracted premium quality olive oil
- A great source of omega 3 & 6
- Awarded Gold at the SA Olive Oil Awards 2013
- Packaged in an ultra-stylish branded tin
- SA Olive CTC Seal indicates the freshness of the contents
For four generations, the Badenhorst family has produced fine food and wine in South Africa; Prince Albert olive oil is made with patience and care, using the olives harvested on the family’s Karoo farm.
Recipe for Lemon-Infused Olive Oil:
- 2 whole organic lemons
- ½ cup Prince Albert Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest one of the lemons, keeping each strip of zest long & wide. Place the zest strips into a clean glass bottle & set aside.
- Zest the second lemon & set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, until a few small bubbles start forming.
- Remove the olive oil from the heat & mix in the zest from the second lemon.
- Let the oil-lemon mixture steep for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the cooked lemon zest out of the oil.
- Carefully pour the oil into the glass bottle, over the uncooked strips of lemon zest.
- Seal the bottle with a lid or cork, then store in the refrigerator.
- Serve drizzled over salads as a delicious lemony dressing. Use within 10-14 days.
Extra virgin olive oil
- Natural free acidity <0.8%
- Peroxide value <20meq/kg
Nutritional Information per 15ml:
- Energy: 502kJ
- Protein: 0g
- Total fat: 13.8g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 9.9g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- of which saturated fat: 2g
- of which trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 0g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Best olive oil
17 May, 2016, By Robyn
This is hands down one of my most cherished ingredients in my kitchen. Never one for salad dressings, I am finding myself dressing everything in this exceptionally creamy oil. It really does have a superior taste. Iím on my second tin already and the first has been repurposed into a very funky cactus pot Ė Iím an easy date when it comes to beautiful vintage style packaging, and this little number is no exception.