- Supports liver function and metabolism
- Gallbladder: lessens risk of gallstones
- Helps the liver cope with multi-drug regimes as in the case of HIV
- Detoxifies and protects against environmental toxins and heavy metals
- Management of diabetes
- Supports the liver in chronic alcoholics
- Liver cirrhosis
- Treats inflammatory liver conditions such as chronic hepatitis, fatty liver
- Varicosities and haemorrhoids associated with liver problems
- Also assists: kidney function, adrenal system, immune system and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and psoriasis
- Contains no fillers, just the pure healing power of Milk Thistle in a vegecap
Florforce only uses full potency herbs and follows a strict protocol to make sure you receive only the safest, best quality herbal remedies.
Dosage and directions for use: Take one to two capsules twice daily or as prescribed.
Please discuss your condition with a practitioner before using Milk Thistle. For the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease or psoriasis, please ensure that the condition has been diagnosed by a practitioner. Should inflammatory bowel symptoms not improve within 4 weeks, and psoriasis within 3 months, please consult your practitioner.
Side-effects and special precautions: Milk Thistle is generally regarded as safe; side effects are mild and may be stomach upset and diarrhoea. Reduce dosage and discuss with practitioner.
Known symptoms of over dosage None known
Contra-indications: For persons with an allergy to plants in the Compositae family.
Not to be taken during pregnancy or lactation.
Milk Thistle is contra-indicated in hormone related cancers: breast, uterine, prostate,
Drug interactions: Possible interactions may occur, discuss with a practitioner before taking Milk Thistle
Diabetic drugs: Milk Thistle may lower blood sugar in persons with diabetes. A dose adjustment might be required.
Glipizide (Glucotrol), Tolbutamide (Tolinase),
Anti-hypertensive drugs: Irbesartan (Avapro), losartan (Cozaar),
Birth control and Hormone replacement therapy
Anti-psychotic drugs: Haloperidol, phenothiazines, phenytoin (Dilantin) (for seizures), halothane (anaesthetics)
Drugs metabolised by liver enzymes, (Cytochrome P450…):
Cholesterol drugs: Atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin (Mevacor), rosuvastatin (Crestor)
Anxiolytic drugs: Diazepam (Valium), Lorazapam (Ativan), oxazepam (Serax),
Anti-depressants: Amitriptyline (Elavil),
Parkinsons: Entacapone (Comtan)
Asthma drugs: Zileuton (Zyflo),
Arthritis and anti-inflammatory drugs: Celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Voltaren), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), piroxicam (Feldene),
Anti- platelet, anti-coagulant drugs:
Some cancer drugs: Irinotecan (Camptosar), Tamoxifen (Nolvadex)
Each vegecap contains: Silybum marianum powder 400mg
Storage instructions: Store below 25ºC. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN