There are so many reasons to enjoy dried onions – their wonderful aroma and flavour are just the beginning!
- Low in sodium and very low in fat
- No preservatives or additives
- High in vitamin C
- High in vitamin B6
- Good source of folic acid
- Good source of dietary fibre
- Onion is a great source of quercitin, a potent antioxidant. Quercitin protects the cells against oxidation and free radical damage, and also has anti-inflammatory powers.
Did You Know?
- Dried or dehydrated onions don’t have the pungency of fresh onions, and won’t irritate your eyes.
- Dried onions release their flavour faster than fresh onions when cooked.
Cooking Tip: When cooking with dried onions, you can rehydrate them by soaking for approx. 20 minutes in warm water. If your recipe includes a lot of moisture, you can add in the dried onions as they are, and they will rehydrate while cooking.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Helpful and Tasty
20 Apr, 2016, By Sheena
I use dried tomatoes and onions from time to time in stews and the like and am very impressed with this brand. Again because they come from FTN I don worry about them not being well procured and healthy for us.
Using them, ticks all the needed check boxes.