Top benefits of snacking on dried cranberries:
Heart health: They’re packed with antioxidant compounds (eg quercitin and anthocyanins), which promote the health of your heart and blood vessels by preventing the formation of cholesterol plaque.
Bladder health: Eating cranberries makes your urine more acidic, preventing the formation of alkaline calcium ammonium phosphate stones in your urinary tract; this helps to prevent bladder infections and UTIs.
Vitamins & minerals: The berries are a source of vitamins A and C, as well as folate, potassium and manganese.
Anti-inflammatory: Cranberries contain high amounts of pro-anthocyanins (PACs), flavonoids which have anti-inflammatory properties and help to combat conditions like diabetes.
Oral health: Cranberries help to inhibit bacteria from sticking to the enamel of your teeth, which protects them against cavities.
Please Note: While dried cranberries are low in calories, the drying process makes them higher in natural sugar content, so they are best eaten in moderation. By Nature cranberries have been sweetened with pineapple juice instead of sugar.
Pistachio Cranberry White Chocolate Bark:
- 450g organic white chocolate
- ½ cup By Nature Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler (bain-marie). Once it’s smooth and creamy, remove from heat & let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the pistachios & cranberries; stir well to combine.
- Spread the chocolate mixture onto your prepared pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate until the mixture sets, at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into pieces using a sharp knife. Makes a delicious & healthy holiday treat!
Dried cranberries, pineapple juice, vegetable oil
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
22 Sep, 2015, By Ingrid
Ummed and arred about the quantity size and went with the 500gr. So pleased I did, just should have bought at least 2 bags in the first place! They are delicious sweet and addictive! Will be buying another bag or 3 on my next purchase.
18 Aug, 2015, By Clarinda
I make a trail mix with these, apricots and cashews, the blend is sublime, and addictive. Ive also used them in banana bread and WOW, what an amazing addition