- Premade falafel mix
- Made using activated chickpea flour
- 10 delicious herbs and spices
- Quick, convenient and easy
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Packed in bleach-free kraft board with recyclable sachets
- Suitable for vegans and strict vegetarians
How to make Outcast Falafel
- Mix 1 x 110 g sachet of Outcast Falafel powder to 200 ml of boiling water.
- Stir vigorously for no longer than 30 seconds.
- Cover the mixture with a plate and let stand for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls of about 2 cm diameter and flatten into discs for shallow frying or baking.
- Carefully heat your choice of oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 - 4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown).
- Alternatively: deep fry for 4 - 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- No refrigeration required.
- Nett Weight: 220 g
- Box Includes: 2 x 110 gram sachets.
- Chickpeas, Onion, Parsley*, Cumin*, Coriander*, Cilantro*, Garlic*, Turmeric*, Kalahari Desert Salt**, Black Pepper*, White Pepper*, Chilli*, Baking Soda.
- *Not irradiated.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South African.
33 out of 33 people would recommend this product02/10/2020, By NicoleThese are really tasty and so easy to make! The packaging suggests adding chilli flakes if you prefer spicy falafels, we were happy with them as is. So happy I gave them a try.27/09/2020, By SylviaVery easy to use. Flavour somewhat bland. Contents consist of two sachets, so will definitely add more chili, coriander, cumin, etc. before using second sachet.21/09/2020, By AlLove this, taste and texture is great; super quick and easy and kids love it.20/09/2020, By KirstieSo quick and easy to make. And the flavour is amazing. Love this product09/09/2020, By NikkiQuick, easy and delicious!21/08/2020, By JoziDivaWorks really nicely. Great texture. Holds together well, which isn't always the case with falafel mixes. Could probably use an extra handful of chopped up parsley/ coriander.06/08/2020, By ElaineGreat taste and easy to make. My kids finished them quick04/07/2020, By TamAddictive !!! These flavor bombs are so easy to make and ridiculously moreish . My absolute favorite brand30/06/2020, By NokuphilaAs a first timer, I followed the instructions and produced lovely falafels. I am proud of myself. I love this. really love it.20/06/2020, By LeighMy second review after managing to airy fry them successfully:
I substituted a quarter of the water with oil, froze the balls overnight then fried them in my air fryer. Worked perfectly!14/06/2020, By ClarindaBaked or fried, the falafels are great07/06/2020, By LeighDelicious! There aren't instructions to air-fry these, so what I did was add some vegetable cooking oil to the mix before rolling it into balls. Then I froze the balls overnight. Worked perfectly, if a bit dry, so I will be adding more oil next time. And yes, there will most definitely be a next time as these are yummy flavourbombs.01/06/2020, By MelodySuper easy to make and love the taste.31/05/2020, By TamSo easy to prepare and just dam delicious29/05/2020, By VictoriaThe best falafels - so tasty and easy to make26/05/2020, By BarbaraThese are amazing, love the taste.....when even your 5year old picky eater loves them, you know you've got a winner!!!21/05/2020, By SamanthaI love this product. Super healthy ingredients tastes delicious and very easy to make!20/05/2020, By SalomeGreat for fallafel lovers17/05/2020, By DawnClassical recipe12/05/2020, By DimiThese are so amazing! Such convenience too.
You can easily make about 16 perfect falafel in two sessions (32 total!). We like to make a batch of hummus and get some wraps, fill them with these perfect (but then crumbled) falafel and all the trimmings of fresh veg (gherkin comes highly recommended as well, along with sriracha mayo). Fills the two of us and is so, so nourishing! I won’t even bother buying ready made falafel or trying to make my own again - there is no need! A pantry must!08/05/2020, By NickySo easy, just add hot water...
I was a little suspicious of the resulting “gloop” but they were delicious when cooked.
A little expensive but a good store cupboard backup.06/05/2020, By GladGood05/05/2020, By ElderLove this product03/05/2020, By NokuphilaQuality and tastes incredible02/05/2020, By VictoriaSo delicious and quick and easy to make!01/05/2020, By staceyTastes like more!!! so easy to put together...29/04/2020, By ChloeDelicious and easy to make20/04/2020, By ChantalThis is a winner and so easy09/04/2020, By JeznutI've been craving falafel in my home for years! Quick and easy to make, and super tasty!08/04/2020, By VanessaMy husband and I make these at least once a week/two weeks. They work so well and are so easy to make. Their burgers are good too.26/03/2020, By Heathereasy to use and tasty02/03/2020, By Bernadettewhat a great tasting product. Enjoyed eating this23/02/2020, By HeatherI was introduced to this through a recipe and loved the easy and reliable way to make Falafels, tasty and easy enough for my daughter to help
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.