500g of wholesome organic quinoa from good Life Organic - a must-have staple for any healthy pantry.
Why should you be eating more quinoa?
- Gluten-free, with a low GI (glycaemic index)
- High in protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids; great for vegans & vegetarians
- Source of soluble & insoluble fibre, for healthy digestion (almost twice as much as other grains!)
- Rich in essential minerals (iron, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium)
- Source of lysine, which helps with tissue growth & repair
Did You Know? Quinoa was first eaten as a healthy staple thousands of years ago, in ancient Incan civilisation. Quinoa was considered “the gold of the Incas”, because it was believed to give their warriors improved strength and stamina!
Bring ⅓ cup quinoa to the boil in 1 cup liquid (water or stock). Cover & simmer until tender (14-18 minutes).
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.