Wintergreen helps with the relief of:
- Joint pain
- Muscular pain
- Muscle spasms
- Poor circulation
A massage with wintergreen oil can help to ease the pain of arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago, gout, sciatica or fibromyalgia.
How does it work? Wintergreen is made up almost completely of methyl salicylate; it’s essentially “liquid aspirin”. Methyl salicylate permeates the skin’s tissues, where it inhibits the formation of prostaglandins, and works to reduce pain and inflammation. Wintergreen also has antiseptic and astringent properties.
- Baths: Add 5-10 drops to a warm running bath. For added moisturising, or for sensitive skin, dilute the oil in 10ml carrier oil first. Close the door so the vapours don’t escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes, breathing deeply.
- Massage: Add 5-6 drops to 10ml carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin to massage away muscle or joint pains.
- Inhalations: Add 4-5 drops to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Burners & Diffusers: Fill the bowl of the vaporiser with water, then add 3-6 drops. Light the candle & the oil will evaporate as the water heats up. Do not let the bowl dry out.
- Compress: Dip a towel or cloth in 4-5 drops of essential oil and 200ml warm or cold water; wring out well. Cover the affected area with the compress; then place a plastic wrap over it & a towel or blanket on top. Leave the compress on for 2-4 hours.
- Wintergreen oil should not be used by people who are allergic to aspirin.
- Wintergreen should never be ingested, and only used topically in dilutions of 12%
- Essential oils are the highly concentrated. They should always be diluted in a suitable carrier oil/ base oil before applying to the skin.
- Not suitable for children under 18 months.
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy.
- Essential oils should not be taken internally without professional recommendation.
- SOiL essential oils are vulnerable to heat, moisture, air and light.
- Store in a cool, dark place with the lid well sealed.
- If you store your essential oils in the refrigerator, allow it to reach a cool room temperature (around 20° C) before use.
Organic wintergreen (Gaultheria fragantissima) essential oil
32 out of 33 people would recommend this product30/11/2020, By KarelHopeful02/11/2020, By MichiHonestly I prefer the smell of Deep Heat. This oil smells too sweet and does not have a nice fragrance.31/10/2020, By AriGreat product31/10/2020, By AntonioWintergreen is a very product and should not be in the same price range as Frankincense. A great product nonetheless25/10/2020, By MienFantastic05/10/2020, By karenThis is a great muscle pain reliever.smell is very pleasant and comforting30/06/2020, By JoDid not smell as expected but pleasant nonetheless. Kind of smells like the pink Vicks bubblegum I used to eat when I was little?14/05/2020, By Sandesh Elainelove12/05/2020, By SavStClaireAmazing for sore muscles11/05/2020, By RealUp to standard02/04/2020, By MariskaWell done on this01/04/2020, By JarelWORKS WELL WITH CARRIER OIL29/03/2020, By GreenFantastic17/01/2020, By SupportWell done12/07/2019, By CarlaWorks wonders with carrier oil for sore muscles07/07/2019, By StaceTop 5 favorite oils:)
Great for sore muscles and to resource spasms of airways, menstration and restless legs.03/06/2019, By MarietteLove the scent and fantastic sore muscles22/05/2019, By AyeshaExcellent for muscular and skeletal pains. i mix this with the bee natural head to toe balm and rub it on areas that pain due to arthritis or growing pains in kids. The warming effect is excellent .14/05/2019, By JunetteI use the Wintergreen for a cold & flu blend and I love this brand!04/02/2019, By JenA little goes a long way.20/11/2018, By AI love the soil range of essential oils
Tried this one recently and totally happy to use it just for the smell
I add a few drops to my Sassui Aromatherapy diffuser, which I got from FTN also23/10/2018, By AnnNice scent, excellent quality26/09/2018, By GillThis is a wonderful, high quality Wintergreen oil. I use it to treat sinus congestion, asthma, headache, nerve pain and sciatica. It effectively relieves pain, swelling and fever.26/06/2018, By KateI love everything from Soil. You can't go wrong purchasing their oils.25/06/2018, By kayworks amazing for my back/shoulder pain, mixed with hemp oil, definitely going to become a staple in my house12/06/2018, By AyeshaInstant headache relief. Cooling effect without causing eyes to tear. Smell is amazing. A blend of this a Niaouli really helped open airways when struggling with sinus pain and blocked nose. When combined with body butter felt a warming effect on cold painful area sof face. Such a relief.22/01/2018, By HesterSo nice! Strong old-fashioned bubble gum vibe; I'm sure it would be great as a muscle rub. Just take note of oral toxicity.20/10/2017, By TraceyDefinitely lifts headaches for me28/06/2017, By BrendaWhat a great brand and so affordable.04/11/2016, By AdeleReally super effective for aching joints and muscles, and really does clear the mind. Just the best after a bad day. Smells heavenly. My niece loves the ubblegum baths and we love watching the pink, dense drops sink to the bottom, before they disperse.26/01/2016, By ashleighWorks wonders for sore muscles and smells wonderful too...04/03/2015, By LiamI found this to be an amazing cure to all kinds of pain relief from headaches to back pain. Highly recommended.03/11/2014, By JocelynThis really works! I was skeptical at first - I don usually use painkillers, or anything, for a headache, when I do its because I can function anymore. Not having any painkillers around today, a colleague gave me this oil to rub on my temples. 15 minutes later, the throbbing is mild, if anything at all! Amazing! Added to bag.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.