- Naturally gluten-free dehulled buckwheat
- No additives or preservatives
- Packaging is compostable & biodegradable
- Can be cooked as an alternative to rice or pasta
- Can be used as the base for a gluten-free granola or breakfast cereal mix
- High in fibre, low in fat
- A good source of energy & B vitamins
- Source of antioxidants (including rutin, which is good for circulation)
- Kosher & Halaal
Our waste-free packaging: Faithful to Nature’s healthy pantry range is packed in eco-friendly bags made with plant cellulose. This packaging is certified by Vincotte to be 100% home compostable, and is also marine degradable. All cardboard is manufactured from recovered fibre, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Labels are 100% recycled, printed with plant-based inks and attached with eco-friendly adhesive.
- Rinse ½ a cup of buckwheat, add to 1 cup of water & a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for approx.15 minutes (or until water is completely absorbed).
- Serve with your favourite sauce, as a gluten-free pasta or rice alternative.
- After opening, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: This product is packed in a facility where gluten, peanuts and soy beans are present.
- Dehulled buckwheat
Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Energy: 1435kJ
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- of which total sugar: 2.6g
- Total fat: 3.4g
- of which saturated fat: 0.7g
- of which monounsaturated fat: 1g
- of which polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Dietary fibre: 10g
- Total sodium: 1mg
Country of Origin:
- Sourced from Canada or China
4 out of 4 people would recommend this product17/04/2019, By JeannieSo delicious. Being allergic to oats, even the gluten free varieties, this is a fantastic alternative!05/04/2019, By PetTastes like a earthier version of regular oats, but in the best way possible.
Super delicious once you get used to the flavour and the packaging is amazing as well.04/03/2019, By DeborahGreat for added protein in vegan diet, we add it to morning porridge. Great zero waste packaging.04/03/2019, By DeborahGreat for added protein in vegan diet, we add it to morning porridge. Great zero waste packaging.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.