This exquisite resin is the core inspiration for the Mbiri Range and is sustainably collected by the Himba women of Kaokoland, who have traditionally used it as a natural fragrance. It has many healing properties for body, mind and spirit. The brand is approved by Phytotrade Africa, a fair-trade initiative that promotes community enterprises throughout southern Africa.
- Beautiful evocative scent: an uplifting and relaxing middle note, the aroma is fresh, smooth, and slightly spicy
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, calming and relaxing properties
- High in antioxidants
- 100% natural
- Wonderful for skin health
- Helpful for skin infections, such as athlete's foot, ringworm, weeping eczema, bedsores, boils, carbuncles, and acne
- Excellent added to natural mouth washes
- Sustainable, naturally exuded resin collected only
Ethical, Organic Mbiri…
- All Mbiri products are 100% natural and contain certified organic ingredients.
- Mbiri is also accredited by Beauty Without Cruelty and The Vegan Society.
- Being approved by Phytotrade, who monitors the fairtrade and sustainability of the raw ingredients, means that the harvesters are being treated fairly and truly benefit from the plant product being processed.
- Every Mbiri product bought filters benefits right down to the harvesters not only in Namibia, but in Africa.
Create a sacred calm and happy balance: Myrrh contains compounds that can affect your hypothalamus, pituitary, and amygdala, which control your emotions and produce many important hormones in your body.
Mbiri have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to grow their business, and half of the contributions raised will go to their community project in Namibia. Watch the video to see what harvesting Namibian Myrrh is all about.
- Dab on as a perfume
- Apply directly to troublesome areas
- Combine a few drops with a carrier oil (eg. jojoba, sweet almond, or avocado) to use as a body massage oil
- Add to baths
- Inhale its emotionally healing and uplifting therapeutic benefits by sprinkling a few drops onto a cloth or tissue, or using an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporiser
- Excellent for oral health: you can rub a little into your gums for improved oral health and hygiene.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, seek advice from a health care practitioner.
- Always test for skin sensitivity before use. Do not overuse.
100% pure Namibian myrrh essential oil, which is steam distilled from a resin.
This resin is sustainably harvested from the Commiphora wildii plant.
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product07/10/2017, By KateThis is a high quality Myrrh essential oil at a great price. Perfect in DIY perfumes and body oils especially for stretch marks and scars.03/09/2017, By HHI use the Myrrh oil on my skin, great for scars14/08/2017, By JennaA lovely nourishing oil with a very unusual though not unpleasant smell. It really has a very earthy natural smell to it - just smells GOOD. Still a little bit early to see any changes in my skin but I actually prefer to use this as a scent. It does seem to uplift one. Love to just take deep sniffs.05/07/2017, By PSNice oil, I use it instead of 'myrrh' oil, and it adds a fantastic extra something to my skin oil mixtures.20/06/2017, By LeaI've been looking forward to this product for ages - so glad F2N started sourcing it! Works beautifully so far. Not the nicest of smells, though.06/03/2017, By TamWhen I get acne I use this oil on my skin and it works like a charm! It relieves the inflammation and my skin is clear within days. It also works wonders on scars. What a unique product with a unique story!17/05/2016, By RobynMbiri skincare is one of the newest kids on the block and after being given the entire range to sample, I am converted, as is the rest of my family. The products have been created with the dry Namibian climate in mind, using precious Namibian myrhh and even the bodywash will leave your skin feeling moistursied. Think nourishing; high quality luxury skincare that is probably a third of the price it could be! Sold.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.