- The glycaemic index (a measure of how quickly foods raise blood sugar) of Xylitol is only 7, compared to regular sugar -which has a glycaemic index of 60-70.
- It is an excellent alternative to sugar for people with diabetes, pre-diabetes, obesity or other metabolic problems.
- It has a similar sweetness as regular sugar, is low G.I and has 40% fewer calories and 75% fewer carbs than refined white sugar.
- An all-natural sweetener found in many fruits and vegetables
The Benefits Of Xylitol as a natural sweetener:
- Plaque, commonly caused by bacteria Streptococcus Mutans, feeds on glucose from food - but they cannot use xylitol. Eventually, the sugar metabolism in the bacteria is blocked and they literally starve to death.
- The mouth, nose and ears are all interconnected. In much the same way as it kills plaque; Xylitol can reduce ear infections in children by fighting the yeast Candida Albicans that commonly causes ear infections.
- Studies have shown that it increases the absorption of calcium in the digestive system, which is good for your teeth and may also protect against osteoporosis.
- Either by replacing sugar or adding it on top of the diet, can reduce cavities and tooth decay by as much as 30-85%
- It also appears to have prebiotic effects, feeding the friendly bacteria in the gut.
Use as a sugar substitute, either complimenting your diet or completely replacing other sugars.
Xylitol (made from non-gmo corn)
Xylitol can be highly toxic to dogs, leading to hypoglycaemia and/or liver failure. It only takes about 0.1 g/kg for a dog to be affected (less than the amount in a single stick of gum)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.