Spirulina is very nutrient dense. It is 65 - 70% protein, contains all the essential amino acids, is high in organic iron, gamma-linoleic acid and beta carotene. It contains various trace minerals and vitamins and potent antioxidants such as phycocyanin which has anti-inflammatory properties. As spirulina is a food the nutrients are in their most BioAvailable form. Spirulina has been shown to:
- Boost the immune system (antibacterail and antiviral)
- Improve digestion (PreBiotic - polysaccharides)
- Produce healthy skin and shiny coat (essential oils, antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin E and zinc)
- Improve appetite (PreBiotic)
- Improve overall well-being and freshen breath (Fresh Breath due to Chorophyll and effect on digestion)
Sprinkle over dry or moist pet food.
- Small dogs & cats: ¼ tsp
- Medium dogs: ½ tsp
- Large dogs: 1tsp
- Giant dogs: ¾ tbsp
3 out of 3 people would recommend this product16/03/2018, By JoyceBought this for my parents' dog who was struggling with itchy skin. Haven't got any feedback yet but something is better than nothing right.16/02/2018, By MoniqueI love knowing that i'm adding this healthy supplement to my kitty's food, i sprinkle it over his tuna every evening.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.