- Premade falafel mix
- Made using activated chickpea flour
- 10 delicious herbs and spices
- Extra beetroot and poppy seed recipe
- Quick, convenient and easy
- No artificial additives or preservatives
- Packed in bleach-free kraft board with recyclable sachets
- Suitable for vegans and strict vegetarians
How to make Outcast Falafel
- Mix 1 x 110 g sachet of Outcast Falafel powder to 200 ml of boiling water.
- Stir vigorously for no longer than 30 seconds.
- Cover the mixture with a plate and let stand for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls of about 2 cm diameter and flatten into discs for shallow frying or baking.
- Carefully heat your choice of oil in a frying pan.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 - 4 minutes on each side (or until golden brown).
- Alternatively: deep fry for 4 - 5 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- No refrigeration required.
- Nett Weight: 220 g
- Box Includes: 2 x 110 gram sachets.
- Chickpeas, Onion, Beetroot, Cumin*, Coriander*, Garlic*, Turmeric*, Poppy Seeds, Kalahari Desert Salt**, Cardamom*, Fennel*, Ginger*, White Pepper*, Chilli*, Baking Soda.
- *Not irradiated.
Country of Origin:
- Proudly South African.
36 out of 36 people would recommend this product28/02/2021, By SarahEasy and delicious. Fantastic with a tahini sauce (tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, water).10/02/2021, By LinkeSuper easy to make and absolutely delish!29/01/2021, By Vanessavery convenient, but a bit bland.28/01/2021, By LisaAn easy, delicious and healthy solution to up my protein. A great plant based “burger” solution at the family braai too!13/12/2020, By LeboSmells great frying in the pan and even better to eat. Big fan26/11/2020, By KaelaSo delicious and easy to make22/11/2020, By ZaynabI bought this falafel mix from FTN and prepared it for supper next to chicken roast. It was absolutely easy to prepare and delicious to eat even on its own. I have recommended this product to my friends who are gluten free and they have shown interest in the product05/11/2020, By LizeYummy little balls of goodness - so good in a wrap26/10/2020, By AllyssaI have celiac disease and this did not have any bad side effects for me22/10/2020, By Tessamore flavour than the average, amazing quality23/09/2020, By BarbaraVery simple to prepare, and really delicious20/09/2020, By PreshaWas wary buying a dried mix since falafels are supposed to be succulent and moist on the inside but these were perfect!
The flavour is 100% on point with a nice little kick!15/09/2020, By Great productGreat taste n flavour. Easy to use09/09/2020, By NikitaQuick, easy and delicious! Great for tricking children into eating plant based "burger patties"05/09/2020, By TanyaSo easy to make and super delicious! I’m so impressed with the flavour and hearty texture that this makes. Absolutely love this product!06/08/2020, By ElaineEasy to make and realy tasty06/08/2020, By ElaineSpicy but nice. Will buy again!06/08/2020, By ELAINEGreat taste. My kids helped and they ate the lot!06/08/2020, By ELAINEGreat taste. My kids helped and they ate the lot!18/07/2020, By MelodyLove. Super easy to make.20/06/2020, By LeighDelicious! Just as good as the Classic version in the range, so I will be alternating between them going forward. I substituted a quarter of the water with oil, froze the balls overnight then fried them in my air fryer. Worked perfectly! And yes, there will most definitely be a next time as these are yummy flavourbombs.17/06/2020, By EileenLoving the easy yummy meal option and it can be used in diverse ways.16/06/2020, By CarliGreat for cutting down on meat, and delicious!16/06/2020, By CarliGreat for cutting down on meat, and delicious!14/06/2020, By ClarindaSo much uses for one product. Falafel, burgers, and the list goes on01/06/2020, By AlexandraI actually loved it more than I thought I would. Next will be lightly frying it in coconut oil. Definitely buying it again.20/05/2020, By SalomeVery nice for organic lovers17/05/2020, By SIMONEThese are always in my pantry! SUPER quick and easy to make and my whole family loves these :) These make a great lunch, and really help with us trying to cut down on eating so much meat.17/05/2020, By DawnVery nice meal13/05/2020, By LeslieMy gluten-free son was ecstatic about this product. Amazingly crispy and delicious... Actually, we ALL loved the flavour. Will definitely order it again.12/05/2020, By ReneThis was truly good, even my husband loved this. Will definitely be reordering this one.05/05/2020, By KatjaCrazy about this product03/05/2020, By ElderTruly good20/04/2020, By ChantalSo good and easy to make!27/03/2020, By BiancaThese are the best and easiest to make falafels! I regularly order falafels in restaurants and these diy ones are as good (and definately better than some) as what you’ll get in a restaurant. Great product.02/03/2020, By Bernadettegreat tasting product. Enjoyed eating this and was so simple to make
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.