- 100% organic Imphepho smudge stick
- A sacred African herb with calming & cleansing properties
- Sustainably farmed in collaboration with farmers in the Eastern Cape
- Harvested in a respectful & sustainable way
- Hand picked, hand tied & dried in 100% cotton
- Can be used as a sacred incense or smudge to cleanse energy, or as an offering when praying
Did You Know? As a traditional medicinal herb, Imphepho must be harvested with respect. Before entering the area where the Imphepho grows, one must always ask permission of the guardian or grandfather – which may be a very large or old tree growing nearby. Before the plant is cut, one must ask if it agrees to be medicine, and explain why it is needed.
- Holding the smudge stick by the “handle” end & use a lighter to ignite the tip.
- Blow out any open flames so that the leaves slowly smoulder.
- Wave the smudging wand around a room, person, or objects to direct the fragrant, cleansing smoke.
- Catch the ashes in a heat-resistant dish (such as a regular plate filled with sand).
- Smudge sticks can be extinguished in a dish of sand and re-used many times.
- We have included a prayer for you should you wish to use it.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Never leave burning smudge unattended.
- Weight: ~35-40 g
- Length: 170mm
- Diameter: 40mm
- Size and consistency may vary
- 100% sustainably harvested Imphepho, natural cotton
Country of Origin:
- Product of South Africa
3 out of 4 people would recommend this product
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.