Key nutritional benefits of quinoa:
- Naturally gluten-free & low-GI
- High insoluble & insoluble dietary fibre
- A great source of magnesium, potassium, zinc & iron
- Source of plant-based “complete” protein, with all the amino acids your body needs
- Rich in flavonoids, including the disease-fighting antioxidants quercetin & kaempferol
Kitchen Garden quinoa is certified organic and GM-free.
Did You Know? The United Nations declared 2013 to be “the International Year of Quinoa”, as a way of raising awareness around the nutritional, economic and environmental value of this remarkable grain.
Sprouting your quinoa reduces the levels of phytic acid; a substance that binds the minerals and makes them hard to absorb. Sprouted quinoa therefore has more bioavailable minerals, which can be absorbed and used easily by your system.
Suitable for sprouting and general consumption.
Recipe for Sprouted Quinoa Pizza Crust:
- 1½ cups sprouted quinoa
- 1tsp Oregano
- ½tsp sea Salt
- ½tsp Garlic-Powder-p-1188.html" target="_blank">Garlic powder
- 1Tbsp ghee or Coconut Oil
- Filtered water
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°.
- Put your quinoa into a blender with ¼ cup filtered water, Oregano, Salt & Garlic. Blend until smooth (the mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter). Add 1-2Tbsp extra water if needed.
- Oil your pizza pan well, using ghee or Coconut Oil. Pour your batter onto the pan.
- Cook for approx. 10 minutes, until the top of crust looks lightly browned. Remove from the oven, carefully flip & cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add your favourite toppings – cheese, veggies, seasoning etc.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then cool, slice & enjoy!
Please Note: This product consists of the sprouting seeds only; sprouting jars & stand are not included. You will need a full standard sprouting kit to grow your seeds.
- Quinoa is not recommended for sprouting in jars. Grow on a sprouting mat, with regular misting.
- Keep your growing sprouts in natural light but never in direct sunlight. Rinse your seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water. The water should be rinsed clear.
- Harvest within 2-3 days of the “tails” and/or greenery appearing from the seeds.
- Drain the sprouts well & leave 2-4 hours to dry, before transferring to an airtight, covered storage container.
- Enjoy your sprouts in 3-7 days; keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Start sprouting new seeds every 2- 3 days for a continuous, fresh supply.
- Never eat sprouts that have started to smell bad.
- Always wash your containers thoroughly between plantings.
- Remove any broken or damaged seeds before you start sprouting.
- Double rinsing is recommended for beans & legumes.
- Never eat sprouted soy beans with brown spots.
- Unsprouted seeds should be stored in an airtight container in a cupboard. The germination life of seeds is generally 2-5 years.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.