- Only a very small amount of selenium is needed to help your body to function, but a little goes such a long way:
- Selenium functions as part of the antioxidant enzyme, glutathione peroxidase (GP), which works with vitamin E in preventing free radical damage
- Research shows that low selenium levels have been found in people with cataracts and taking this supplement has been seen to prevent further growth
- Selenium is important for thyroid function
- Helping restore immune function, it stimulates white blood cell and thymus function
- An essential non-metal and micronutrient, it reduces the effects of mercury toxicity
- Has an overall benefit on the cardiovascular system
- People who are fed intravenously may also risk low selenium levels and so benefit from this supplement
- Aids with inflammatory conditions
All Viridian products are geared towards your well being. Great care is taken to ensure that ingredients and packaging support the movement towards an organic and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
The safe upper limit for selenium is 400 micrograms a day in adults. Anything above that is considered an overdose.
Toxic in large doses, so consult a qualified physician before taking the recommended dosage of 400 micrograms a day (adults)
- Selenium (methionine) 200ug
- In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry
- Vegetarian cellulose (HPMC*) capsule 100mg
3 out of 3 people would recommend this product04/01/2021, By CSGreat product and essential for keeping the immune system strong to assist in fighting these uncertain viruses.03/04/2020, By JarelBest selenium u can find in sa26/04/2018, By YvetteAll viridian products are the best, thats all I use. They have been tested by my health practitioner for purity and NO contamination found!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.