- Ideal for normal to dry hair
- Chamomile soothes dry, itchy scalp and encourages hair growth
- Tangerine is an excellent tonic for dry scalp and hair
- Geranium helps to balance sebum production and strengthens hair
- Makes a rich, creamy lather
- Gently fragranced with natural, essential oils
- Handmade in Cape Town
- Free of synthetic colours, preservatives and artificial fragrances
- Packaged in biodegradable cardboard boxes
- Palm oil free
- Cruelty free - Approved by Beauty without Cruelty
- Wash hair as normal and rinse thoroughly
- Instead of conditioner, Pure Simple recommends a vinegar rinse to restore natural pH balance to hair, and scalp
- Use 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of water (Use 2 tablespoons, in 2 cups of water for very long hair)
- Rinse finally with water to remove the vinegar rinse
- Dry, and style as normal
Vinegar rinse tips:
- Apple cider vinegar is a good all round choice, suitable for all hair types
- Dark, grape vinegar is excellent for darker, brunette hair
- Lemon juice is a recommended alternative to vinegar for fair blonde hair
- When using soap based shampoos – it is a soap and soap stings if it gets in your eyes
- Nett weight: 100 g
- Olive Oil, Chamomile Tea, Caustic Soda, Chamomile, Tangerine and Geranium Essential Oil
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa
8 out of 12 people would recommend this product24/05/2019, By DeborahI bought this shampoo bar in an attempt to clear up two stubborn patches of dry skin on my scalp that I've had trouble with for ages - and it worked. One patch has gone and the other is much smaller and not itchy. So I'm really pleased about that. However, it does have a strange effect on the hair. I have been rinsing with apple cider vinegar and I would recommend that anyone purchasing the shampoo bar should use the ACV rinse. If I miss a patch then my hair has a strange oily, heavy feel to it.24/04/2019, By JudithThis is great for oily hair, makes her feel light and soft still. I would not recommend for dry hair, as I'm sure it will dry out your scalp too much. My hair is incredibly oily, I generally have to wash it everyday. With this soap I only need to every 3rd day.
11/03/2019, By lizeIf you struggle with an itchy scalp, this is the best shampoo to use. It even brings back your natural oils and it makes my hair feel so smooth and happy! well worth a try!24/02/2019, By DanielleI have very long, rather fine hair that tends to be oily close to the scalp and dry for the rest of their length. With normal shampoo I can't dare to wash them without also using conditioner regardless of what I treat them with after. Initially I was a bit disappointed with this bar, because it left my hair feeling waxy and strange. Once I got used to it, however, I came to love it for both the convenience and how gentle it is to my hair. It doesn't lather as much as shampoo does, but lather is not required to clean effectively and it does not strip away all the natural oils like shampoo, so now I can get away with only washing and a few drops of argan oil while they dry 80% of the time10/01/2019, By JadeI was surprised at how much it actually did lather, I have quite long hair and managed to wash it quite well. The smell of the bar is quite strong at first, but it leaves a pleasant smell in your hair.31/12/2018, By NataliI have long hair, and use a lot of shampoo/conditioner. I would love to find a shampoo bar as replacement as I go through a lot of shampoo bottles. I battled with this shampoo bar as it does not lather, and just cannot get in on my hair. My husband also tried the product, not happy with the product either.30/10/2018, By NadiaSadly this Shampoo Bar doesn't live up to the Lush Shampoo Bars i have been using. This bar leaves a residue in the hair which doesn't wash out. Was really hoping it would work for me.24/10/2018, By SueThis bar smells lovely and lathers well, but unfortunately was not something I could carry on using. I have tried many shampoo bars in the hope that I will be able to ditch the plastic bottles...but alas, they don't seem to be for me. Even with an ACV rinse, they leave my fine hair waxy and frizzy.05/10/2018, By AshleighI love the concept of a shampoo bar, however this one is some what disappointing. I think it works better on certain hair types. I have long thick hair and it didn't seem to rinse out properly, even after the vinegar rinse. My hair also took longer than usual to dry. That said my husband who has quite fine hair is absolutely loving it.30/09/2018, By WendyTerrible, my hair turned to straw and had to rewash with my old trusted shampoo and conditioner . I have very long hair.25/09/2018, By LornaI've used this once and LOVE it! I can't stop looking in the mirror! My hair feels so soft (fine hair) and looks beautiful.
I wanted to dry a shampoo bar and this was the only one in stock at the time. It lathered nicely and rinsed easily (just water, I didn't try the vinegar rinse).07/09/2018, By TammyAbsolutely chuffed with this product. Adds volume and a slight coarseness to my once too soft, thin, flyaway hair, without making it look coarse and it maintains that natural shine. My hair also holds its style much better without a lot of fussing. Definitely adding this to gifts for friends.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.