There are so many reasons to enjoy dried onions – their wonderful aroma and flavour are just the beginning!
- Low in sodium and very low in fat
- No preservatives or additives
- High in vitamin C
- High in vitamin B6
- Good source of folic acid
- Good source of dietary fibre
- Onion is a great source of quercitin, a potent antioxidant. Quercitin protects the cells against oxidation and free radical damage, and also has anti-inflammatory powers.
Did You Know?
- Dried or dehydrated onions don’t have the pungency of fresh onions, and won’t irritate your eyes.
- Dried onions release their flavour faster than fresh onions when cooked.
Cooking Tip: When cooking with dried onions, you can rehydrate them by soaking for approx. 20 minutes in warm water. If your recipe includes a lot of moisture, you can add in the dried onions as they are, and they will rehydrate while cooking.
4 out of 4 people would recommend this product14/07/2018, By NixxThis was such a surprise as I never thought I would actually like this product, but actually need to buy some more as it became a staple with most of my dishes in salads, on top of ramen, on crackers and much more!24/02/2018, By Motastes delicious! So easy to use and so handy, I've even used this in crackers and stews (when I run out of onions). YUM!14/07/2017, By SheenaIt's always handy to have dried foods around as there are times when fresh are not available. The By Nature products are great both in value and taste.20/04/2016, By SheenaI use dried tomatoes and onions from time to time in stews and the like and am very impressed with this brand. Again because they come from FTN I don worry about them not being well procured and healthy for us.
Using them, ticks all the needed check boxes.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.