Mbiri is inspired by the desire to empower local communities and create a unique range based on the essence and spirit of Namibian Omumbiri, or myrrh. The Himba women of Kaokoland wild harvest the resin and use it as an ingredient in their traditional perfume..
- Shea butter, Marula oil and Kalahari melon seed oil are all African botanicals with exceptional nourishing, moisturising and protective properties
- Namibian Myrrh is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, calming and relaxing. It is known to be beneficial for oral health too.
- Only naturally exuded resin is collected
- Harvester-owned processing facility
- Marula and Kalahari Melon Seed oils are specially sourced from women's Co-operatives
Ethical, Organic Mbiri...
- All Mbiri products are 100% natural and contain certified organic ingredients.
- Mbiri is also accredited by Beauty Without Cruelty and The Vegan Society.
- Being approved by Phytotrade, who monitors the fairtrade and sustainability of the raw ingredients, means that the harvesters are being treated fairly and truly benefit from the plant product being processed.
- Every Mbiri product bought filters benefits right down to the harvesters not only in Namibia, but in Africa.
Mbiri have launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to grow their business, and half of the contributions raised will go to their community project in Namibia. Watch the video to see what harvesting Namibian Myrrh is all about.
For external use only.
Glycerin, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf extract*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) fruit oil, sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, citrullus lanatus (kalahari melon) seed oil, water (aqua), glyceryl stearate citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil, glyceryl stearate citrate, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl caprylate, xanthan gum,ascorbyl palmitate, aspalathus linearis (rooibos) leaf extract*,levulinic acid, sodium levulinate, citrus aurantium amara (petitgrain) leaf/twig oil*,cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) oil pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil*,pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil, salicylic acid, vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) root oil, tocopherol, commiphora wildii (namibian myrrh) oil, gamma decalactone, geraniol**, linalool**, limonene**, citronellol**
*Ingredients from organic farming
**Component of natural essential oils
- 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin
- 20% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
7 out of 8 people would recommend this product24/09/2017, By SoozeeWhen I first started using this product I would've given it a 5 rating as I found it to be so moisturising and didn't need to reapply for hours after applying. About a month later I noticed that much more frequent application was required and my lips would get very dry in-between applications, so have now stopped using it.18/08/2017, By MaureenAnother winner in the Mbiri range. Can't say enough good things about it. I love the way it just seems to sink in and add moisture to dry lips.Easy to use, it works, it's vegan :).08/06/2017, By GemmaLove this. Really moisturizing and forms a thick, non-sticky layer on the lips. Feels really protective.06/03/2017, By TammyI use this lip moisturizer as a night treatment and my lips feel so soft and nourished! And it smells divine.15/08/2016, By Kristy-MareeAMAZING! Perfect product for those dry winter lips. I love the smell and feel of this product, it works wonders!!13/07/2016, By AntoinetteLove the smell! Nice lip cream.04/11/2015, By MireilleI unfortunately didn like the smell of this lip balm and it doesn last once applied :(30/07/2015, By VictoriaVery happy, love how it feels and smells. Absorbs well and makes my lips look soft.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.