PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING: We will not accept returns of any feminine hygiene, menstrual or intimate products such as reusable pads, menstrual cups and sponges, yoni eggs or underwear.
- Pack of 2 large reusable cloth sanitary pads (23.5cm long)
- Made from 100% cotton at the Woman-Kind Fair Trade workshop in Kommetjie
- No synthetic fibres, glues or plastics; won’t irritate delicate skin
- Breathable, comfortable & absorbent
- Hygienic & easy to clean
- Black fabric won’t show up stains
- Designed to last for years; saves money & waste
- Pads include “wings” that fasten with a press-stud
These cotton pads are chemical-free and are not worn internally; that means they eliminate the risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) associated with tampons.
Woman-Kind pads include an informative leaflet, and are hygienically packaged in biodegradable eco-plastic packets from Green Home.
5 out of 7 people would recommend this product02/02/2018, By KatlegoBeen using these for 2 months now, alternating between them and organic disposable pads.
- Reusable, which means less waste, smaller environmental footprint, and hopefully - if they last long - more money saved from no longer buying disposables
- You can easily adjust the pad ones it's on your underwear without losing adhesion, unlike disposables - adjusting them lessens their stickiness
- It works. Seems to have a similar absorbancy to disposables. I don't have heavy periods though. I change disposables about once a day on my heaviest days so I don't know if absorbancy will be the same for those with heavier periods.
- Not long enough for sleeping - you can still leak.
- I am not clear on what dye was used to colour the fabric black. I hope it isn't synthetic cause the colour washes out so much on the first few washes.
Overall, good to have 2-4 of these on hand. I interchange them with organic disposables because they don't need as much maintenance in terms of washing and drying. They look strong, like they will last a while. Because the material is black though, you can't really monitor your period as well - e.g. the colour, the flow, etc. Also can take some getting used to when you initially put it on cause they feel quite thick, but I don't notice it after a few minutes of wearing.30/01/2018, By MelissaGranted, starting to use this during Cape Town's drought wasn't the best idea, but I find it uses way too much water to wash out. Also, I found the pad too short for my liking and not absorbent enough either. I bled through.16/12/2017, By TThey are bulkier than disposables but stayed in place and were comfortable. Absorbant and easy to clean. No more waste now.I was pleasantly surprised at how absorbent they were. Easy to rinse and wash. Did find the press studs a bit weak, one broke but i still managed to re attach. Quite comfortable to wear too.09/08/2017, By KimI was pleasantly surprised at how absorbent they were. Easy to rinse and wash. Did find the press studs a bit weak, one broke but i still managed to re attach. Quite comfortable to wear too.29/05/2017, By DesI decided to try the greener option for menstrual pads. Unfortunately every time I wear one of their pads I get a rash. I have been told that it is because of the fluffy cover fabric, so if you have sensitive skin I suggest trying another brand.23/01/2017, By HildaThey are so very comfortable and soft. Even in very hot weather stay feeling fresh09/09/2016, By nicoleneTotally recommend these, confortable much more pleasent than desposible ones. Do it
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.