PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING: We will not accept returns of any feminine hygiene, menstrual or intimate products such as reusable pads, menstrual cups and sponges, yoni eggs or underwear.
- Pack of 2 large reusable cloth sanitary pads (23.5cm long)
- Made from 100% cotton at the Woman-Kind Fair Trade workshop in Kommetjie
- No synthetic fibres, glues or plastics; won’t irritate delicate skin
- Breathable, comfortable & absorbent
- Hygienic & easy to clean
- Black fabric won’t show up stains
- Designed to last for years; saves money & waste
- Pads include “wings” that fasten with a press-stud
These cotton pads are chemical-free and are not worn internally; that means they eliminate the risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) associated with tampons.
Woman-Kind pads include an informative leaflet, and are hygienically packaged in biodegradable eco-plastic packets from Green Home.
10 out of 12 people would recommend this product16/09/2018, By ReboneThese are ok for light flows. Terrible for the heavier flow at the start of ones period, as they leak right through.27/07/2018, By ChanelI like these pads but there are some downfalls... you need to buy at least 6 because you have to allow them to dry once you have washed them... I find the only way to get them to be clean is to machine wash them and they are a little on the chunky side so wear loose pants.
The positives out weigh the negatives tho, they are comfortable and breathable and very absorbent (more so that the disposable ones) and most of all pose no threat to the environment.18/07/2018, By MarietjieA bit thinner then I expected and still has to use, but at least it is black which will help with long term staining.04/05/2018, By KatlegoI rated this a 4 before, but after my most recent incident with it, I have to take it down to a 2 to balance things out.
My period leaked right through the pad. I am not referring to spillage or leaking on the sides of the pads, but when I removed the pad, I found stains underneath it with means the liquid went right through it. That's a big no-no.25/03/2018, By CaitReally loving these as an alternative to regular pads. Not only great for the environment, but saves money in the long run as they can be used over and over again.02/02/2018, By KatlegoBeen using these for 2 months now, alternating between them and organic disposable pads.
- Reusable, which means less waste, smaller environmental footprint, and hopefully - if they last long - more money saved from no longer buying disposables
- You can easily adjust the pad ones it's on your underwear without losing adhesion, unlike disposables - adjusting them lessens their stickiness
- It works. Seems to have a similar absorbancy to disposables. I don't have heavy periods though. I change disposables about once a day on my heaviest days so I don't know if absorbancy will be the same for those with heavier periods.
- Not long enough for sleeping - you can still leak.
- I am not clear on what dye was used to colour the fabric black. I hope it isn't synthetic cause the colour washes out so much on the first few washes.
Overall, good to have 2-4 of these on hand. I interchange them with organic disposables because they don't need as much maintenance in terms of washing and drying. They look strong, like they will last a while. Because the material is black though, you can't really monitor your period as well - e.g. the colour, the flow, etc. Also can take some getting used to when you initially put it on cause they feel quite thick, but I don't notice it after a few minutes of wearing.30/01/2018, By MelissaGranted, starting to use this during Cape Town's drought wasn't the best idea, but I find it uses way too much water to wash out. Also, I found the pad too short for my liking and not absorbent enough either. I bled through.16/12/2017, By TThey are bulkier than disposables but stayed in place and were comfortable. Absorbant and easy to clean. No more waste now.I was pleasantly surprised at how absorbent they were. Easy to rinse and wash. Did find the press studs a bit weak, one broke but i still managed to re attach. Quite comfortable to wear too.09/08/2017, By KimI was pleasantly surprised at how absorbent they were. Easy to rinse and wash. Did find the press studs a bit weak, one broke but i still managed to re attach. Quite comfortable to wear too.29/05/2017, By DesI decided to try the greener option for menstrual pads. Unfortunately every time I wear one of their pads I get a rash. I have been told that it is because of the fluffy cover fabric, so if you have sensitive skin I suggest trying another brand.23/01/2017, By HildaThey are so very comfortable and soft. Even in very hot weather stay feeling fresh09/09/2016, By nicoleneTotally recommend these, confortable much more pleasent than desposible ones. Do it
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.