Himalayan crystal salt contains trace amounts of magnesium, sulphur, potassium, calcium and iron. It has not been iodised or processed in any way, so it retains all its natural nutrients and includes no harsh synthetic additives or artificial preservatives. Great in the kitchen or the bathroom – use it as a seasoning, a skin scrub or even a therapeutic soak.
Recipe for Salted Caramel & Vanilla Sauce
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod, sliced and seeded
- 1tsp Himalayan crystal salt flakes
- Slice a vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Pour the cream into a measuring cup. Add the vanilla bean seeds and salt flakes.
- Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture turns a deep amber colour.
- Whisk in the cream.
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate; the sauce will keep for up to a week in the fridge. Makes a sensational ice cream topping!
- Culinary: Sprinkle onto food for rich natural flavour.
- Bath Salt: Dissolve a handful of salt flakes in your bath water for a detoxifying and therapeutic soak.
- Body scrub: Massage into warm, wet skin as an exfoliating body scrub.
- Cleansing drink: Dissolve a teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt overnight in a glass of filtered drinking water to make a cleansing, balancing tonic that helps to balance your body’s pH levels.
Natural crystal rock salt: unprocessed, non-iodised, chemical-free. Contains magnesium, sulphur, potassium, calcium, iron and other trace elements.
Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Sodium chloride: 97.14g
- Magnesium: 0.92g
- Sulphur: 0.89g
- Potassium: 0.23g
- Calcium: 0.21g
- Iron: 0.01g
- Trace elements: 0.06g
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product17/05/2016, By RobynThese are a staple in my home – the whole family baths in them almost every night. Apart from all the minerals, the salt water has the electrical charge of the salt to help detox, cleanse the skin and assist the body energetically.23/06/2015, By KerrynA must in my kitchen
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.