- Sugar Beans (also referred to as red speckled beans due to their appearance) have a versatile mild flavour
- They have a high soluble fibre content allowing them to absorb water and slow down the absorption of their carbohydrates
- Product of South Africa
- High in fibre to aid in digestion and maintain digestive health
- Rich in protein - crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help maintain energy levels throughout the day
- Cooking beans from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- To soak overnight: rinse and cover with water in a non-metal container. Leave to stand for 12 hours.
- Quick soak: cover sugar beans with water (about 2cm above the beans), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cooking method: rinse well, cover with generous amount of water and simmer gently for 1 ½ hours until done
- Cooking tip: only mix in salt and vegetables when the beans begin to soften
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product02/08/2018, By JeanetteAnother great bean - and it is GMO free!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.