- Chickpeas are extremely versatile and nutritious legumes with a delicate nutty flavour
- Product of Canada, packed in South Africa
- Rich in protein - crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help maintain energy levels throughout the day
- High in manganese which acts as an antioxidant and fights free radicals within the body
- High in iron, an important component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus - all crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- Cooking legumes from dry (rather than using canned) allows you to have a better control over the preparation of the beans, like staying away from nasty additives, often making it the healthiest choice
How to Use
- Soak overnight: rinse and cover with cold water, leave to soak overnight.
- Quick soak: cover chickpeas with water (above 2cm above the chickpeas), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Cook as described below.
- Cooking method: rinse well, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- Cooking tip: 1 cup (250ml) raw chickpeas makes 2 1/4 cups (560ml) cooked chickpeas. Chickpeas will cook more tenderly and in less time if they have been soaked first. One serving is usually 1/2 cup (125ml) cooked chickpeas.
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.