- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-18% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell, basically the more enzymes in your diet the longer and healthier your life!
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Compared to other Maca colours, Red Maca has been found to have higher compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity. Red Maca also holds the highest levels of certain phytonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis, and steroids.
- It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. That being said, Red Maca is best for prostate protection and bone density.
Red Maca is milder in flavour, giving off a subtle caramel taste that will be a delicious addition to smoothies, oats, healthy sweet treats, and raw chocolates.
16 out of 16 people would recommend this product27/08/2020, By ShelleyCan I just say again how epic this product is. I am loving it and so happy I found it. If you like Horlicks, then you will like this. It is earthier but just lovely. It takes a bit of mixing to get it to dissolve properly, sort of the same method as mixing cold water with corn starch. Add a little cold water or milk at a time, mix it well add a little more, mix well until it is more fluid, then I add hot water and keep mixing. Makes a lovely drink. I have some every day.16/08/2020, By SandraMade me gain some weight which I liked but it broke me out and it tastes horrible. I couldn’t mask the taste even in smoothies or porridges.04/08/2020, By SABOk, wow. This stuff is amazing. The taste is malty and even a bit sweet to me. It makes a lovely warm drink all on its own. It is also easy enough to add to smoothies, oats or anything you feel like. But I have definitely noticed an increase in my libido. Much to my husband's delight ;) I like it a lot! It is worth the price. So glad I found this. Will definitely be buying again.09/07/2020, By EllieI love adding this to my hot cacao and banana smoothies - not only does it add a malty flavour, it’s good for hormone health.20/06/2020, By LizelVery difficult to find red maca in South Africa. Although it tastes way stronger than the regular macas I normally buy.
It helps with energy11/06/2020, By JennyI didn't know one could get red maca and since trying it, I prefer the taste to the yellow one. There isn't that much difference - just a personal preference and use it to balance my hormones.16/10/2019, By MinxPerfect product. Working very well. I'm full of energy and no more mood swings and crazy cravings. I'm very happy with the product07/10/2019, By DeeI did the job!!27/09/2019, By JuanitaWe use Maca every day. I add it to our smoothies. Balances hormones and good for hormone health.26/08/2019, By jackieThe red maca is harder to find,though it such a great staff especially for woman it helps in regulating your homomes,relives stress and it gives me lots of added energy.I work nights and I only take this if it's available no energy drinks but if it's out of stock than the plain one (yellow).12/05/2019, By AndreaThe taste is very nice and earthy, perfect to mix it with kefir for breakfast. At this point, I don't know if it plays a role on hormone balance.31/01/2019, By MarietjieStill hasn't use it in a shake, but it's definitely making a positive difference in my hormones.. . AND it is natural!18/07/2018, By MarietjieTo me it really looks like this product together with L-arganine (progesterone) is balancing my hormones. Wish I could've known this a bit earlier in life. Will definitely be buying more.10/07/2018, By MarietjieIt really seems like there is a little bit of a shift in my hormone balance after about 2 months. Think it will take a little longer; nothing happens over night.23/04/2018, By MarietjieCannot find Red Maca root in my town, so this site is a bonus for me. The delivery was super fast Very impressive.05/03/2018, By DeeI purchased this Red Maca powder to add an antioxidant boost to my superfood smoothies. Maca has a powerful aroma - do not let that put you off. Just use a small amount - I'm only using half a teaspoon to start with, and when combined with other ingredients you don't taste it.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.