- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-18% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell, basically the more enzymes in your diet the longer and healthier your life!
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Compared to other Maca colours, Red Maca has been found to have higher compounds that support the body in antioxidant and antitumoral activity. Red Maca also holds the highest levels of certain phytonutrients including alkaloids, tannins, saponis, and steroids.
- It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. That being said, Red Maca is best for prostate protection and bone density.
Red Maca is milder in flavour, giving off a subtle caramel taste that will be a delicious addition to smoothies, oats, healthy sweet treats, and raw chocolates.
5 out of 5 people would recommend this product31/01/2019, By MarietjieStill hasn't use it in a shake, but it's definitely making a positive difference in my hormones.. . AND it is natural!18/07/2018, By MarietjieTo me it really looks like this product together with L-arganine (progesterone) is balancing my hormones. Wish I could've known this a bit earlier in life. Will definitely be buying more.10/07/2018, By MarietjieIt really seems like there is a little bit of a shift in my hormone balance after about 2 months. Think it will take a little longer; nothing happens over night.23/04/2018, By MarietjieCannot find Red Maca root in my town, so this site is a bonus for me. The delivery was super fast Very impressive.05/03/2018, By DeeI purchased this Red Maca powder to add an antioxidant boost to my superfood smoothies. Maca has a powerful aroma - do not let that put you off. Just use a small amount - I'm only using half a teaspoon to start with, and when combined with other ingredients you don't taste it.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.