- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-18% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell, basically the more enzymes in your diet the longer and healthier your life!
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Black Maca is the rarest of all Maca colours, accounting for less than 20% of the annual harvest. Compared to other Maca colours, Black Maca is especially beneficial as a male adaptogen helping to increase sperm counts and sperm mobility. It is additionally known to work best against stress and fatigue and works as a natural antidepressant.
- It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. That being said, Black Maca is excellent for fighting stress and its effects of fatigue.
Black Maca has a subtle nutty but earthy taste that will be a delicious addition to smoothies, oats, healthy sweet treats, and raw chocolates.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.