- Gluten-free, suitable for Paleo/ Banting
- Mild nutty flavour, neutral enough for many different baked goods
- An excellent source of antioxidant vitamin E
- Helps to neutralise free radicals
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects the health of your heart
- Promotes healthy blood pressure
- Source of selenium, an antioxidant which promotes DNA repair & inhibits cancer cells
- Source of magnesium, which promotes strong healthy bones
Did You Know? You can get more than 90% of your daily vitamin E value from just ¼ cup of sunflower seeds.
Recipe for Sunflower & Flax Seed Biscuits:
- 1 cup Banting Basket sunflower seed flour
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 2Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3Tbsp Erythritol
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1Tbsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of cinnamon & nutmeg
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Warm coconut oil so it is liquid but not too hot.
- Mix the oil, egg & vanilla essence into dry ingredients.
- Roll out onto a floured board, cut into shapes, place on baking paper and bake for 12 minutes at 190°. Makes approx. 20 cookies.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.