Please Note: The Vitamin C in Ester-C is derived from certified non-GMO corn via a fermentation process as opposed to a purely chemical method.
Benefits of Ester-C:
- Boosts the immune system
- Fights infection
- Source of antioxidants
- Promotes heart health
- Balances blood pressure levels
- Promotes collagen production, which helps to build cartilage, bones, skin, ligaments, tendons & blood vessels.
- Promotes wound healing and connective tissue repair.
This is a unique patented formula, produced through a chemical reaction that esterifies ascorbic acid, or vitamin C. It functions like vitamin C biologically, but the Ester-C version is absorbed around 400 times quicker and won’t irritate the stomach. And that’s not all that makes it special. Ester-C also gives you:
- Easy absorption. A few hours after taking Ester-C, blood levels are twice as high as they would be after regular vitamin C. Plus the loss of ascorbate by urine is a massive six-times lower. More in, less out.
- High bio-availability. Studies have confirmed that Ester-C’s high concentration of the vitamin C metabolite calcium threonate effectively increases its absorption even further. And further than 400 times faster is pretty fast.
- No side-effects. Regular vitamin C is acidic, which is why it can be associated with heartburn, stomach irritation and even damage to tooth enamel. But not pH-neutralised Ester-C. In a 2006 study published in Advances in Therapy, acid-sensitive people were given 1g of either Ester-C or regular vitamin C. Heartburn was “significantly more frequent and severe” after taking the regular kind.
- All-day effectiveness. Ester-C is not only absorbed faster, it’s also retained in the body's white blood cells for up to 24 hours. That’s anti-oxidation around the clock.
What makes Ester-C so Special?
- Only the purest, 100% natural ingredients.
- No binders, fillers, colourants, flavourants, preservatives, tableting aids or additives of any kind.
- Our sea vegetables and spirulina are 100% organic and all other ingredients are extracted from natural sources.
- Produced according to GMP and HACCP standards and regulations.
KELP AND ROCKWEED
Sea vegetables are nutritional royalty. In fact, they’re the most nutrient-dense plants on the planet.
Our Icelandic kelp and Norwegian rockweed are organically grown and specially harvested. The perfect nutritional and immune pedigree.
- An easily absorbed array of essential nutrients – some of them rare.
- 10 to 20 times more minerals than land plants, including sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus & iron.
- Sea greens are great for immune-compromised states like chronic fatigue, arthritis and allergies. They also come with anti-inflammatory effects.
- They have antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties, and aid the thyroid in releasing iodine into the bloodstream to fight infection.
- Both kelp and rockweed contain sodium alginate – a totally safe substance known for detoxifying effects, anti-tumour properties and a talent for counteracting nuclear radiation. Kelp also contains mucilaginous compounds that help the digestive system do its detoxing and eliminating work.
- Sea greens contain powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties that could halt the proliferation of malignant cells.
- Glands like the adrenals, pituitary and thyroid all need iodine to produce hormones. And sea veggies have organic iodine in volumes. That’s what makes them great glandular balancers – particularly the production of the thyroid hormone that influences metabolism, growth and energy production.
- Sea greens strengthen the circulatory system and give tone and elasticity to blood vessel walls.
- Kelp improves glandular and metabolic function leading to reduced fat stores and fluid retention.
- Seaweeds support the skin by providing the essential and non-essential amino acids found in elastic fibres. Other compounds found in kelp also form a protective and moisturising barrier on the skin.
An ancient, single-celled, blue-green algae. Full name: Spirulina platensis. Age: +- 3.5-billion years old. Occupation: one of the world’s most nutrient-packed substances. Our spirulina is grown locally, organically and very carefully. That’s why it’s particularly nutritious and immune-fuelling.
Spirulina has more of everything. It has three times more protein than meat, milk or eggs, 20 times more beta-carotene than carrots, 250 times more vitamin B12 than liver and around 12 times more iron than, well, anything else.
- PHYCOCYANIN. It puts the blue in the blue-green algae. This blue pigment acts as an immune-stimulant, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It helps prevent nerve damage, oxidation, liver disease and arthritis. Plus it’s regulates white blood cell production and stimulates bone marrow stem cells to make red blood cells – even if the bone marrow has been damaged by radiation or toxins.
- PROTEIN AND AMINO ACIDS. Compromised immune systems are hungry for the amino acids cysteine, glutamine and tryptophan. Spirulina serves them all, and many others. In fact, it’s 62% pure amino acids. So it’s a great source of high-quality vegan protein – with three times more protein than meat, eggs or milk.
- VITAMINS. Everything from vitamin A, the Bs, C, E, and H. It’s also considered the richest natural source of vitamin B12.
- ANTIOXIDANTS. The free-radical scavenging is done by spirulina’s chlorophyll, and carotenoids like beta-carotene beta-cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin.
- GAMMA LINOLEIC ACID (GLA). A fabulous fatty acid that helps reduce cholesterol levels. Spirulina has around three times more of it than evening primrose oil.
- TRACE ELEMENTS AND MINERALS. Among others, it’s got calcium, iron, magnesium, chromium, copper, zinc and immune-friendly selenium.
- ANTI-INFECTION. It’s been shown to work against bacteria like E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus, and viruses like human cytomegalovirus, measles, mumps, influenza and Herpes Simplex Type I.
- PRO-IMMUNITY. Spirulina is very well-used in immune-deficient diseases like HIV/AIDS. It’s a clinically proven immune tool – one study presented at the 30th annual meeting of the Japanese Society for Immunology in 2000, showed a significant increase in immunity after only two weeks on a spirulina extract. The effect continued for up to six months after the extract was stopped.
PRO-BIOTIC. It feeds the growth of beneficial lactic-acid bacteria, which can be depleted after a course of antibiotics.
Found in citrus fruits (who would’ve thought) like lemon, orange, tangerine and grapefruit. They have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic effects. Citrus bioflavonoids are essential for vitamin C absorption. They also amp up the vitamin’s action and protect it from oxidation. That’s why they made the cut into The Real Thing Ester-C®.
The citrus bioflavonoids in The Real Thing Ester-C® Combo are reinforced by antioxidant rosehip. The result? Even better absorption of vitamin C.
- ANTI-INFECTION, INFLAMMATION and ALLERGIES. As far back as the 1950s citrus bioflavonoids were found to improve acute respiratory infections (like colds, flu and tonsillitis) in only eight to 48 hours. They can also help reduce inflammation, swelling and allergic reactions.
- PRO-HEALING. A well-known 1962 study showed that athletes who took a citrus bioflavonoid supplement seldom suffered cramps and had fewer muscle injuries than placebo takers. Plus their injuries healed twice as fast.
- ANTI-OXIDATION. They work synergistically with vitamin C to protect the body from free radicals.
- PRO-CIRCULATION. Bioflavonoids can help smooth out circulatory problems. They’ve been found to support capillaries and veins and improve chronic venous insufficiency. Plus they’re used to help treat haemorrhoids, easy bruising and high cholesterol.
This is a member of the trace-mineral family – meaning it’s essential for good health. This less-is-more mineral is found naturally in the soil. Plants absorb it. Then animals eat plants and absorb it. Then we eat plants or animals and absorb it too. Problem is, these days, there’s less and less to be absorbed. Research from the University of Surrey has shown that selenium-poor foods (due to selenium-poor soil) have led to a 50% drop in consumption over the past 20 years. Clearly, most modern diets only provide a trace of a trace.
When it comes to selenium, a little does a lot, and more than enough is definitely too much.
- Too little. A selenium deficiency can leave you immunologically at-risk and more prone to illness.
- Too much. Overshooting your intake can trigger selenosis, a toxic reaction that leads to hair loss, tooth decay, brittle nails and loss of feeling in the hands and feet.
- Get it right. Ester-C Combo is designed to give your body exactly what it needs – including the purest selenium at the optimal immune-boosting dose.
- PRO-IMMUNITY. A study from the University of Brussels found that elderly people who took selenium daily showed a 79% improvement in immune function. And research published in The Lancet in 2000 found that HIV/AIDS patients with low selenium levels were 20 times more likely to die from an AIDS-related illness than those with healthy levels.
- ANTI-OXIDATION. Selenium is an essential element in enzyme production. Your body adds it to proteins to form selenoproteins – antioxidant enzymes in the task force against free-radical damage and disease.
- ANTI-VIRUSES. It's been found to fight retroviruses and the H5N1 virus (bird flu to you). More impressive, higher selenium levels have been shown to help slow the replication of the HI virus and the progression of HIV to AIDS.
- PRO-THYROID. According to a report in the New England Journal, selenium deficiency can result in thyroid injury and decreased thyroid hormone production. That's why this mineral is often recommended to help manage and prevent thyroid problems.
- ANTI-CANCER. In a pioneering 1997 study published in The Journal of the American Medical Association 1 312 patients were given 200µg of selenium or a placebo daily. After 10 years, the selenium group showed a 41% reduction in total cancer rates than the placebo group.
For maintenance, take 2 tablets daily. For infection or an immune-compromised state, take 3 tablets, three times daily, or consult your health practitioner.
Ester-C®, citrus bioflavonoids with rosehips, organic kelp, organic rockweed, spirulina and selenium.
25 out of 28 people would recommend this product30/01/2019, By HayleyExcellent immune support. Highly recommended. A regular in our FTN cart.20/11/2018, By JoyA good product from a good company.02/10/2018, By AyeshaI have been using this for exactly 1 month now. I already started noticing results by the 2nd week. it definitely boosts energy levels, clears brain fog (I stopped taking vitB) and helps with seasonal allergies. A HUGE help with my chronic sinus issues. It was so severe I had physiotherapy treatment for face pain and sinus drainage (medications were not helping). These tablets have helped keep my sinus clear and help keep dichydrotic eczema on fingers at bay. I absolutely love this product. Also did not get a cold when my boyfriend and niece&nephew were around me with cold/flu int this month. Also noticed my skin is brighter and dark under eyes are lighter. I often forget to take these on the weekend due to different routine, however, the effects do not dwindle over this time. In addition my craving have decreased significantly, not sure if it is related. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!19/09/2018, By TwincessmamaI definitely prefer this over conventional Vit C. The Real Thing is just a great range of products that really work well.10/09/2018, By EmmaSupplementing with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) megadose changed my life. I immediately felt better and stronger, and stopped picking up throat infections from my baby twice a week. However, when I switched over to The Real Thing Ester C, the benefits ceased and the situation reverted. I've been using it for just over two weeks now and afraid I will be switching back to ascorbic acid. Note: the tablets smell fine, not awful as one of the reviewers here reported.17/08/2018, By AI’ve been using this for a few months now and feel like it’s helping me.15/08/2018, By NITASHAI received a new version of this product that did not match the one I ordered. I called faithful to nature and they immediately refunded me. It was really good service.07/08/2018, By VeganshmeganBeen using this for some time now and can't even remember when last I had flu...even though I've been surrounded by people who have it.25/07/2018, By M CA must for pre-winter colds and flu prevention.13/04/2018, By GcinsUnfortunately they gave me killer headaches30/03/2018, By TiaA great supplement to take during the flu season24/01/2018, By KTI kept getting a sinus infection on and off for more than a month till I got this now its gone, I find it works and am on 2 a day now and so far so good.16/01/2018, By TJCWorth every cent. This combo worked well for me. I have not had flu in over a year.14/08/2017, By CandiceMy HG immune booster! I have recovered from 4 surgeries within the last year with lightening speed using this product. I've battled with scalp psoriasis, acne and shingles sporadically throughout my life and this definitely seems to help through periods of inflammation, and in fact I haven't even had so much as a cold in two years now. As a person that 'stresses out' quite easily; I have tried a lot of Vitamin C brands/tablets etc. and this is the only one I have consistently repeat purchased because I feel so strongly about how it has made a tangible difference to my health.25/07/2017, By DominiqueI love this product. I suffer from spherocytosis which ultimately means that I tire very easily. After two weeks of drinking this product, I noticed that I felt much better.29/05/2017, By raeesaThe smell is very off putting but I managed to finish all the tablets in the can. It is great and I definitely felt like it boosted my immunity, but the smell prevented me from repurchasing29/10/2016, By RozaliaI bought this product because I have a thyroid problem. Lets see if it will help me. But the taste is not very pleasant, if only with a little honey...01/09/2016, By LyrichiaBefore I started using this Immune Booster, I used to get sick at least twice every winter and I would get booked off work each time for three to four days at a time. After using this product since the end of 2015, I only got sick once this winter and was at home for only one day to recover.18/08/2016, By VeronaThe Selenium and Vit C in this product helped me to stop taking my thyroid medication. I also supplement by adding one drop of Lugols Iodine a day. Excellent product. No more thyroid problems and lots of energy.16/08/2016, By AnonymousWhy the Foundation Does Not Recommend Ester-C®
By Owen R Fonorow
It is true that studies have shown so-called Ester-C® will enter cells faster and therefore less of it is required to ward off scurvy in guinea pigs. However, we are wary of any form of vitamin C that does not match what animals make
aturally in their livers or kidneys. We agree with Linus Pauling that the true and best form of vitamin C is L-ascorbic Acid (C6H8O6).
Patrick Holford, formerly of the British Institute of Optimum Nutrition (ION) tells us how animals make vitamin C, ascorbic acid:
Vitamin C is not a necessary component of diet, at least for all mammals with the exception of guinea pigs, fruit eating bats, the red vented bulbul bird and higher-order primates - which includes us. All other species make their vitamin C by converting glucuronic acid derived from glucose into ascorbic acid (C6H8O6). At least three enzymes are required to make this conversion. One of these liver enzymes, L-gulonolactone oxidase, or part of the enzyme system, is missing in primates. Irwin Stone proposed, in 1965, that a negative mutation may have occurred in these species so as to lose the ability to produce vitamin C. In primates this is thought to have occurred in the region of 25 million years ago.
According to Robert Cathcart,MD, the physician with vast experience with high dose vitamin C protocols, mineral ascorbates are generally not as effective therapeutically as ascorbic acid:
...it was not entirely clear that the dramatic effects are always with ascorbic acid orally and sodium ascorbate intravenously. I have not been able to achieve the ascorbate effect with mineral ascorbates orally. Mineral ascorbates are fine forms of vitamin C but when you are really sick, the mitochondria are failing in their refueling of the free radical scavengers with electrons. The ascorbic acid carries 2 extra electrons per molecule where the mineral ascorbates seem to carry only one (plus per molecule the mineral ascorbates are heavier due to the mineral weighing more than the hydrogen the mineral replaces). So the mineral ascorbates are not potent enough to accomplish the ascorbate effect. There may be other reasons that we do not appreciate additionally. Robert Cathcart, III, MD
Another of our concerns is balancing the exaggerated hype against the following down-side about the Ester-C manufacturing process, as expressed by people experienced in the field, who wish to remain annonymous:
Note: its my understanding that Roche at al. have long been less than thrilled with Inter-Cals method for making Ester-C(r). After all, when C is heated to high temps under pressure, as their patent specifies, dehydroascorbate (DHA), to the tune of about 10% by weight of finished product, is the consequence. Of course, their claim to fame was that other organic acids were formed by their process, for which they claimed proprietary effects. But, theres no hiding the DHA content -- for which they sort of disingenuously claim biological value, based on the fact, I guess, that DHA can be reduced to to work again as an antioxidant. E. F.
It is true that Ester-C reaches cells and enters them faster. An anonymous informant with ties to the U.S. biological weapons program told us:
Ester-C is not an ester. My late friend was a former scientist involved in biochemical warfare with a high security clearance. He dissected the patent and had several meetings with Dr. Virlangieri, one of the researchers that touted its virtues. My friend favored good old ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate. He told me quite literally that ester-C was wo pounds of dung in a one pound bag. He was an avid Pauling devote and was concerned that under certain conditions, ester-C was dangerous and contraindicated. The prevailing propaganda changed from its being an ester to its providing threonine metabolites. He told me that Pauling would have laughed the ester-C boys back to chemistry class! R. L.
That is to say there might not be serious conditions where Ester-C is indicated. We have seen an impressive argument for Ester-C in an anti-cancer patent based on the work of former Pauling associate R. Jariwalla. However, since Ester-C also seems to trap vitamin C, and perhaps other toxins in cells, using Ester-C with Chemotherapy is problematic.
Truth is truth. Vitamin C is vitamin C.
Some respected authorities are now claiming that L-ascorbic acid is not vitamin C! (However, if this were true, Linus Pauling was wrong, and 80,000 research studies are fatally flawed.) We are unaware that Paulings HOW TO LIVE LONGER AND FEEL BETTER (1986) treastise on vitamin C contained any errors what so ever!11/02/2016, By RitaI am gluten intolerant and its a nightmare to find the right combination. The PP-Vegicaps and the Ester C Combo work well together. I feel more energetic and alive after just two weeks.13/10/2015, By SandraMy husband and I have been taking these tables since the beginning of this year. We have not been sick once. My husband works in the health care industry and comes into contact with sick people daily. We went to the Uk in April and our son and grandson both had a bad cold and we didnt even get a snuffle. I highly recommend these tables01/09/2015, By AngeliqueThis is truly a brilliant product! Fantastic immune support! Super quick recovery from illnesses where the immune system is concerned, and supports collagen production. However, it makes me feel very tired a little after drinking it, even if I had only one tablet in the morning - and Im guessing its only because my thyroid is like a hyper bunny on crack (just a metaphor). Would recommend this for everyone all year round!28/08/2015, By CarienI bought this product to help me fight a cold / flu I struggled with for 3 weeks (no medicine seemed to help and I refused to drink antibiotics). After drinking Ester-C the first day, I felt a difference and after 2 days my flu symptoms was cleared! Even my husband was pleasantly surprised when he stared feeling sick and after drinking Ester-C Combo, his symptoms cleared up within a day. What also amazed me is I have been struggling with bad breakouts on my skin for more than a year now, and the past 2 weeks since Ive been drinking Ester-C, my skin is clearing up. This really is an excellent C combo and Im now drinking it everyday.18/08/2015, By TiffanyLove this product - boosts my immune system without a doubt.20/08/2014, By JanisThis product is better than any other Vit C I have previously had. It has kept me healthy all through Winter. And I feel so much better energy-wise. I can honestly recommend this product, it is excellent!20/03/2014, By JustineI am loving how my skin seems to be clearing and healing since taking this supplement :-)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.