- Part family cookbook, part medical reference
- A one of a kind: both a personal account and professional solution
- With the combined knowledge of the individual authors, this recipe book establishes itself as a practical handbook to dealing with diabetes long term
- All recipes are simple to shop for and effortless to prepare - keeping busy parents and busier kids in mind!
- Includes nutritious main meals, sauces, treats, and drinks
About the Author
Vickie de Beer has been a food writer, stylist and food editor of Rooi Rose for 13 years. She received her professional chef’s diploma from the Institute of Culinary Arts. Vickie has also contributed as a health and food writer to Shape magazine and worked closely with two of South Africa’s leading medical aid companies Discovery and Bestmed.
Her awards for food writing and styling include the Galliova Food Writer Award of the Year (3 times) and a PICA for Best Styling.
Kath Megaw is South Africa’s leading paediatric dietician, having worked in child nutrition for 20 years and holding four medical qualifications. This includes a paediatric dietetic qualification from the prestigious John Hopkins University in Baltimore, USA. A published author, Kath frequently speaks to groups of professionals and parents on infant and childhood nutrition as an advocate of the high fat, low carb diet for all children and believer in healthy, natural food shared in a loving family environment.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.