Reviving tonic and thirst-quencher in one, Kombucha Tea is made with naturally fermented organic teas, natural infusions and beneficial cultures. This African take on an ancient tradition, from our Tea of Life range, contains the unique botanical Buchu, which the Khoisan believed to be an elixir of youth. Tea of Life Kombucha is enzyme-rich and its probiotic content will love your tummy flora to a happy balance. Its subtle tingle means Kombucha is a living food brimming with nourishment and it is the perfect alternative to sugar-laden fizzy drinks. Product Details
Drinking kombucha regularly helps to improve your overall health and wellbeing:
- Boosts energy levels
- Assists with weight loss and detoxing
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves circulation
- Balances blood sugar; beneficial for diabetics
- Natural probiotic content improves your digestive health
- Acts as a liver tonic
- Helps to relieve conditions like gout, candida and allergies
- Nourishes your skin from the inside out, for a healthy and clear complexion
- Offers a healthy alternative to sugary, chemical-laden sodas
- Free of artificial additives, flavours and colours.
Tea of Life Raw Kombucha contains a wealth of beneficial acids, each with their own health-giving properties.
- Acetic acid has antimicrobial properties, and stabilises blood sugar
- Butyric acid promotes a healthy intestinal lining, and lowers your risk of colon cancer
- Glucuronic acid has detoxifying properties
- Gluconic acid is energising
- L-lactic acid regulates blood pH levels and acts as a natural preservative
- Usnic acid is a natural antibiotic, that combats viruses
- Glucosimines help to promote joint health; beneficial for those with arthritis
Tea of Life Raw Kombucha is locally, lovingly brewed in Cape Town.
Sugar Content: Although kombucha is made with sugar, this sugar is “digested” by the bacteria and yeast cultures (known as SCOBY) during the fermentation process, so only a trace of the sugar is left in the finished batch.
Please Note: For an effective kombucha detox, we recommend drinking plenty of water and eating more alkalising foods, while reducing the amount of ordinary tea, coffee and refined carbohydrates in your diet.
- Live enzymes
- Organic green & black tea
- Beneficial yeast and bacteria
- Beneficial acids:
- Vitamin B, vitamin C and folic acid
- Minimal leftover cane sugar from the fermentation process, if any
- Start off by drinking no more than 100ml per day for the first few days
- Kombucha is highly detoxifying and drinking too much too soon can cause headaches, nausea and discomfort
- Drink lots of water to promote the elimination of toxins
- Increase by 50 – 100ml after a few days depending on how much you need
- Kombucha is incredibly energizing, so best to drink before 4 – 5pm if you are sensitive to stimulants or have sleep difficulties
- Great for when you are feeling physically or mentally fatigued and need an energy boost.
- Keep refrigerated.
- For your awareness, Kombucha can interfere with pharmaceutical medication; i.e. insulin-dependent diabetics report needing less insulin
- Although kombucha is natural and healthy, it is also very potent; pregnant or breastfeeding women, should consult their doctor before drinking kombucha.