- The koji spores can be used simply as a seasoning for super umami flavour
- Used in Japanese culinary traditions to ferment soy sauce, sake and miso
- Make your own Japanese style fermented foods at home with the koji spores
- Culture your own koji colony to use for years to come
- Ferment any type of rice, barley, bean or pulse with koji
- Make the traditional Japanese equivalent of kombucha called amazake
- Achieve optimal gut health by fermenting your own foods
- A healthy gut biome prevents many bacterial infections from taking root
- Part of a balanced macrobiotic diet
- ECOCERT certified organic
- 100% natural
- Store in a cool place
Why not try? Recently developed culinary techniques involve battering, breading, or crumbing foods that would typically be fried, and allowing koji spores to grow for a little over a week.
Did you know? It is only recently becoming understood that that the microbes, and cultures of bacteria which inhabit our digestive systems are able to affect the expression of our genes. Similarly, it is well known that unhealthy gut microbiomes are implicated in inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease.
- 20 g
- Koji Spores (Aspergillus Oryzae)
Country of Origin:
- Made in Japan
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.