- A very easy to use introduction to Japanese cuisine
- The darkest, heartiest variety of miso
- Super versatile medicinal food
- Fermented and aged for three years in the time-honoured tradition
- Much less salty and more savoury than soy sauce
- Delightful umami flavour distinctive of Japanese cuisine
- Part of a balanced macrobiotic diet
- ECOCERT certified organic
- 100% natural
- Gluten free
- Vegan friendly
- Add the unique, savory flavour from well-fermented soybeans to your dishes as a main ingredient or a flavouring.
- Make a delicious miso soup by mixing equal parts of hatcho miso with other kinds of miso such as Tabu’s Mugi (Barley) or Genmai (Brown Rice)Miso.
About Hatcho Miso:
- Tabu’s Hatcho `miso is crafted according to the most traditional and artisanal methods by the Maruya Hatcho Miso brewmasters.
- Made from carefully selected whole organic soybeans and and certified organic lake salt.
- Made with as little water possible to preserve the original rich and hearty flavour and nutrition of fermented soybeans
- Although rich in flavour and thick in texture, hatcho miso is actually slightly lower in sodium than most other types of miso.
- Slowly and Naturally fermented in the old style cedar wood OKE barrels for almost 3 years, leaving the work to be done by the fermentation cultures.
- Store in a cool place
Did you know? The term “Hatcho” refers to the location where this type of miso was originally made. “Hatcho” means “eight city blocks”, indicating that it was made eight blocks away from Okazaki Castle.
- 300 g
- Soybean Paste, A. Oryzae
Country of Origin:
- Made in Japan
4 out of 4 people would recommend this product29/10/2020, By Yususgreat product29/10/2020, By Magzgreat product10/05/2020, By kensieAbsolute fanatic of this miso08/05/2020, By KirstinI'm really upset - I ordered this and it was efficiently delivered no contact. It's not a cheap product and I was ordering it before leaving CT for a more remote area. But the button the jar is up, so I can't use it, as this is supposed to be dangerous and could mean botulism or other bacteria are present.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.