Maca is a wonderful superfood and will benefit you in the following:
- High in vitamins especially vitamins B1, B2, C and E.
- Rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
- It has about 10% bioavailable calcium and about 12-14% bioavailable protein.
- It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
- It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell. Which basically means more enzymes in your diet equal a longer and healthier life.
- Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
- Dried maca powder contains 60% carbohydrates, 9% fiber, and slightly more than 10% protein. It has a higher lipid (fat) content than other root crops (2.2%).
- But most importantly - it is an adaptogen so it "adapts" to your body's metabolism, working with your body for optimum results. It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress. This is an excellent supplement during pregnancy.
- Maca tastes malted, like Horlicks so try adding it to smoothies or as a great addition to desserts and sweet treats.
- For a delicious rich and malty smoothie, add 1- 2 Tablespons of Maca powder. It can also be added to Raw Chocolates.
Organic maca root powder.
6 out of 6 people would recommend this product07/04/2021, By UmmYahyaAdd to smoothies and can also be added to milk tea.24/01/2021, By SiyasangaI struggled to get my period and I got it in my 9th day of taking FertileXX and Maca Root powder from faithful to nature. I'm greatful08/01/2021, By SiyasangaAfter I came off the contraceptive pill I had imbalanced hormones. I bought this product and it helped me bring back periods and it balanced my hormones. I'm ordering again since I'm trying to conceive25/11/2020, By FaariaAmazing product, amazing quality, you cannot go wrong with this brand. My energy levels were drastically increased and I actually fell pregnant after many years once using this specific product!25/11/2020, By RoxGreat Product23/11/2020, By MelissaI like it, its clean superfoods that i love to add to my protein shake and i love things that is rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.