- Made from light to dark grey Maca roots, the rarest of all Maca colours, accounting for less than 20% of the annual harvest.
- Until the late 1990s Black Maca was often mixed with Cream and Red colored roots in the processing of Maca powder.
- But after it was shown to have unique properties, Black Maca began to be produced independently.
- This lesser-known type of Maca Root has one particularly unique benefit to it: the ability to increase sperm counts in men, as well as sperm mobility
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Non GMO
- Certified Organic - CERES ZA-BIO-140
In addition to the sperm count benefits, Black Maca:
- Helps Protect Against Stress Better than Other Varieties
- Is the Best of All Maca Types Against Fatigue and Adrenal Stress In Studies on Mice
- Increases Memory in Mice
- Is Also a Natural Anti-Depressant
Black Maca is recommend for:
- Men wishing to increase their fertility (women should try Red Maca for fertility)
- Men and women wishing to boost their libido
- Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
- Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
- All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density
Several research studies have shown that Black Maca has unique properties:
- A 2009 study in Peru found Black Maca to be the best for increasing sperm count and motility as well as for boosting male libido.
- A study from 2013 reported that Black Maca has a positive effect on spermatogenesis (the formation of sperm cells).
- A Swiss study from 2010 showed Black Maca to excel at protecting bone structure and preventing osteoporosis.
- 2 studies from China in 2006 and 2011 found Black Maca to be superior for increasing memory, concentration and learning skills.
- A UK study from 2011 found that Black Maca supported the most rapid muscle growth and endurance of all varieties of Maca.
What are Superfoods? Superfoods have a rich history of use and were believed to provide essential nutritional integrity to support optimal functioning of being. 'You are what you eat' is an ancient truth well known by traditional cultures who actively sought out these prized powerhouses of coherent vibration. Support your highest development by conscious selection of the best fuel of your body.
- Black maca provides excellent support for your body pre- and post-exercise.
- Blend into smoothies, hot chocolate, desserts, snack bars and sweet treats.
- Maca has an incredible synergistic effect when combined with raw cacao, so add it into your chocolate creations.
- Start with 1 tsp a day, and gradually move up to 8 tsp or more.
- Available in 200g OR 850g sizes.
- 100% Organic black maca root powder.
Country of Origin:
7 out of 7 people would recommend this product20/10/2018, By KaeylaI use this as one of my on-going superfood powders, in smoothies or fruit bowls, specially with raw cacao powder. Great taste - rich and malty.16/10/2018, By TarynNot my favourite taste on it's own, but provides a good energy boost and tastes good in cocoa due to it's 'malty' flavour27/03/2018, By NazirenExcellent product. Will purchase again.22/03/2018, By TebogoRich and malty28/11/2017, By StaceyA brilliant addition to any smoothie or if you mix your own "on the go drink" added to your favourite milk alternative and cacao. It does add an edge to energy, especially for active vegans.18/10/2017, By mbaliI like this product I make my own shake and it tastes great in smoothies13/08/2017, By MandyBrilliant, value for money product!
I have taken Maca capsules for a while now and recently purchaced a capsuke maker and an 850g Maca. What value for money on an absolutely amazing product!!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.