- Short-cut loose leaf
- Wild Grown - sustainably harvested from naturally vegetated slopes not suitable for commercial farming
- Caffeine Free
- Tasting Notes: This light coloured rooibos holds a complexity of flavours from the different sub-species of wild rooibos being brought together, however fresh fruit notes accompanied by low tannins stand out. Mild but smooth with a long finish.
- The Terrior: On the eastern side of the Olifants Valley, in a secluded valley under the iconic Sneeuberg mountain. Its elevation of 710m gives the terroir cool nights, but the surrounding valley blocks cooling summer breezes and reflects heat, causing day-time temperatures to soar. The field is sandy, well-drained and with low-gradient.
Did you Know?
- Rooibos research has shown promising benefits for the following ailments:
- Cancer prevention
- High blood pressure
- Skin sensitivities
- Abdominal ailments
- Heart disease
- In traditional medicine, rooibos has been used for the treatment of asthma, colic, eczema, headaches, nausea, and mild depression.
How to Make the Perfect Cup of Rooibos Tea:
- Preferably, rooibos should be made with good quality filtered water that will not affect its natural taste
- Rooibos is best when it’s been on a rolling boil for 2 to 4 minutes, but if you do not have a stove top kettle (or are using tea bags), pouring freshly boiled water in a cup is fine too
- Steep for 5-6 minutes
- One bag per cup
Wild grown rooibos from Hidden Valley, Stellenbosch
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product05/03/2018, By LexisI was so happy to find loose leaf Rooibos tea available and the flavour doesn't disappoint; smooth, a little creamy even (if that's possible) and pure bliss. The only downside for me is the plastic packaging - not really necessary.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.