A nutrient-enriched slab of soil, embedded with open pollinated (naturally pollinated) heirloom rocket seeds.
- Easy to sow & grow
- Includes planting instructions
- Retains moisture for excellent germination
- A unique South African invention
- Best season for sowing: Spring, Summer & Autumn
- Light needed: Full sun to light shade
- Harvest: 3-4 weeks
- Companion planting: Rocket thrives with lettuce, radishes & spring onions
- Supply: 1 slab = 7 month supply with average use (4 people)
Did You Know? Ordinary salad rocket often acquires a bitter taste as it ages, or if it’s exposed to hot weather. Wild rocket on the other hand keeps its clean and sharp peppery taste.
By choosing heirloom seeds (heritage seeds) over hybrid seeds and genetically modified seeds, you’re helping to support sustainable gardening practices – and you can be assured of better quality produce.
Recipe for Wild Rocket & Cashew Dip:
- 60g wild rocket
- 80g cashew nuts
- 70g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60ml olive oil
- Simply place all your ingredients in a blender & pulse for 5-10 seconds, until you have a thick chunky dipping sauce.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks.
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block of the slab is embedded with a wild rocket seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
1 out of 2 people would recommend this product13/03/2016, By LiezelNot sure if its my not-so-green thumb but these took very long to germinate and have been quite persnickety to care for while small seedlings. The novelty factor of planting chocolate is lots of fun though30/10/2014, By IngridThis has been one of my best purchases - and I love my monthly FTN box :) I have been looking everywhere for heirloom seeds; love the concept and ease of planting and they just make for the most special gifts. Thank you green team!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.