- Traditional plum tomatoes
- Determinate open pollenated heirloom seeds
- High yield, very richly flavoured
- “Meaty” flash with few seeds & not much juice
- Fusarium wilt resistant, verticillium resistant
- Best season for sowing: Spring, early Summer
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 12 weeks
- Supply: 1 slab = 8 month supply with average use (4 people)
- Companion planting: Tomatoes grow well with asparagus, beans, celery, mint, basil, garlic, lettuce, onions, peppers & carrots
Key benefits of SOW Delicious seed slabs:
- A unique, proudly South African gardening innovation
- Biodegradable, made using only natural & recycled materials
- Retains more water than ordinary soil, keeping seedlings moist
- Enriched with organic nutrients to promote healthy germination
- Embedded with open pollinated heirloom seeds for sustainable, high quality plants
- Easy planting instructions included; so simple to sow & grow
Recipe for Roasted Roma Tomatoes:
- 8 Roma tomatoes, cut in half & seeds removed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix together the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic & herbs in a bowl, working the seasonings into the cavities of the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut sides facing up. Sprinkle each tomato with about 1Tbsp feta cheese.
- Bake the tomatoes until cooked but still firm (about 15 minutes). Serve & enjoy!
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is sown with a tomato seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product30/10/2014, By SophieIf you live in a small apartment like I do but want to eat your own heirloom grown vegetables, look no further. These seed slabs are perfect for container gardening - all you need to do is to add water. Very impressed!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.