SOW Delicious habanero seeds are non-GMO, open pollinated heirloom seeds.
- Slab made with natural recycled materials
- Soil infused with organic nutrients for healthy plants
- Fully biodegradable
- Retains moisture for excellent germination
- Easy-to-follow planting instructions included
- A unique South African invention that makes heirloom gardening accessible to anyone!
Heirloom seeds are superior to cross-bred hybrid seeds; they stay fertile season after season, and give you bigger, better quality plants.
The Garden of Habaneros slab gives you a mix of yellow, orange and red habaneros.
- Best season for sowing: Spring, early Summer
- Light needed: Full sun
- Harvest: 10-14 weeks
- Companion planting: Peppers grow well with tomatoes & basil
- Supply: 1 slab = 3 year supply with average use (4 people)
Red alert! Habaneros are rated at a whopping 445 600 on the Scoville scale, the measurement of spicy heat (pungency) in chillies. Remember never to touch your eyes when handling these hotties!
Recipe for Creamy Habanero & Tomato Soup:
- 3Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ a habanero pepper, seeds discarded, minced
- 1Tbsp tomato paste
- 2tsp paprika
- ½tsp salt
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1½tsp light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cream
- Warm the oil into a lidded heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. Cook the onion & habanero until the onion is translucent (about 10 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the tomato paste, stir & cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, paprika, tomatoes, water & sugar. (Break up the whole tomatoes slightly with a wooden spoon.)
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the soup & reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat & allow it to cool slightly. Purée in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Re-heat the soup in the pot until warmed through. Serve hot with tortillas or quesadillas!
- Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block of the slab is sown with a habanero seed.
- Snap off your "chocolate" blocks. Space them as shown on the side of the box.
- Bury just below the soil surface, cover and water every 3 - 4 days until seedlings peep out.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.