This slab contains...
Dinosaur Kale: Growing tall with a dark green-blue embossed leaf, this variety has been named due to its likeness to what one imagines dinosaur skin to look like. The surprisingly delicate leaves are slightly bitter and earthy in flavour giving great depth to meals, like the Tuscan cuisine it has traditionally been used for.
Red Russian: In between velvety grey-green leaves you’ll notice deep purple stems shooting up - a colour that intensifies in the cold when the kale sweetens too. Shaped like big oak leaves this is a tender and delicious addition.
Vates Blue Scotch Curled: This is a gorgeous ornamental kale with crinkled leaves that finely curly on the edges and tips. They grow tall and upright and are a favourite in creating impressive dishes when entertaining.
Key benefits of the SOW Delicious Easy Grow seed slab:
- Invented by a South African gardening guru – a world first
- Retains water 3 times longer than ordinary soil, keeps seedlings moist
- Half the germination time: Enriched with organic nutrients for healthy germination
- 12 Blocks Embedded with open pollinated heirloom seeds
- They love pots and are great for small gardens
- Biodegradable, made with 100% natural recycled materials
- Heirlooms are non-GMO and produce bigger, tastier & more nutrient-dense plants than hybrid seeds
- Easy planting instructions included; so simple to sow & grow
- Box size : 170mm x 85mm x 18mm
Growing your Own…
- Light: Full sun (cool spot)
- Harvest: 6 - 8 weeks
- 12 Block Slab, 1 Block produces: 2kgs of kale
- Seed: 100% Heirloom Non-GMO
- Companion Planting: cucumber, lettuce, onions, spinach
Inside your Slab of Seed box, you’ll find a soil “chocolate slab”; each block in the slab is sown with a tomato seed. To ensure good germination, store your seed slabs in a cool, dark & dry place until you’re ready to use them. There are 2 ways to get your seed slab growing:
1. Pour ¼ cup of hot water over the slab; wait 24 hours for it to absorb. Break the slab into blocks & plant.
2. Place the slab in a sunny spot, keep it moist & wait for the seeds to start germinating. Break into blocks & plant.
0 out of 1 people would recommend this product10/01/2018, By JI bought a whole stack of these seeds, everything from the Kale to beets, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower.. you name it. I was so disappointed. I only got about 3 spinach and 5 broccoli that actually sprouted at all. I wasted so much money. Not sure if it was a bad batch but it was the same over the wide variety of seeds. I followed instructions perfectly. Very sad about it. I sprouted a few other types of seeds this year with another brand which all came up.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.