Tea made from the hibiscus flower doesn’t just taste and smell wonderful; it also has a long list of health benefits. Antioxidant-rich hibiscus has long been used as a traditional medicine to help support heart health, respiratory health, digestion and circulation. Today, it’s known as a natural way to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which makes hibiscus tea a wonderfully healthy brew. What’s more, you can use Nautica’s hibiscus petals to add shine to your hair and tone your complexion.
Hibiscus flowers contain a slippery plant extract called mucilage, which soothes rashes, dry skin and itchy scalps, and works to detangle the hair. It’s also a natural astringent and moisturiser, so it’s great for softening and toning the skin.
- Steep a few hibiscus petals in a cup of hot water to make a fragrant hibiscus tea.
- Infuse the petals to make a hair and skin rinse.
- Add a hibiscus petal infusion to your shampoo for shiny hair.
- Make your own nourishing face mask with hibiscus petals and honey.
Recipe for refreshing hibiscus iced tea:
- ½ cup Nautica hibiscus petals
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup raw honey
- Lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- Place hibiscus flowers and cinnamon stick in a large jar or bowl. Add the water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 to 12 hours).
- Add honey to taste.
- Strain out the solids and serve over ice with a squeeze of lime.
- Store covered in the refrigerator; it will keep for up to one week.
Recipe for a nourishing hibiscus face mask:
- 1 tbsp Nautica hibiscus petals
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Scald hibiscus with ¼ cup of boiling water and brew for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix honey with 2 tbsp of hibiscus brew. If your mixture is too runny, you can thicken it with oat bran or cosmetic clay.
- Apply to clean face and neck. Leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse first with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
100% Hibiscus flores (hibiscus petals)
9 out of 9 people would recommend this product06/06/2019, By SamanthaReally nice when blended with rosehip tea.
Makes such a nice iced tea if you prefer a more alkaline and natural taste.09/04/2019, By ThobekaniGives that great aroma to my teas, usually take it in the morning.25/12/2018, By LeilaThis tea is delicious, love the deep colour and excellent packaging, that allows me to take my hibiscus tea with me wherever I go.13/08/2018, By HildaLovely tea08/02/2018, By NickNice taste and you only need to use a little bit29/09/2017, By CarlyGreat product, best hibiscus loose tea I've tasted at a great price05/09/2017, By SamanthaI love this "tea", I use these petals to make Hibiscus Kombucha and it tastes amazing! Buy one nearly every month14/07/2017, By KellyVery good product. Yes it does stain a bit but I produce and distill gin and use this in my infusions as some of my hibiscus flowers have gone into hiding for the winter. Still the same delicious flavour and smell.28/06/2017, By BrendaJust be careful if you want to use it for something other than tea as it stains. Otherwise a good organic product
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.