Tea made from the hibiscus flower doesn’t just taste and smell wonderful; it also has a long list of health benefits. Antioxidant-rich hibiscus has long been used as a traditional medicine to help support heart health, respiratory health, digestion and circulation. Today, it’s known as a natural way to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which makes hibiscus tea a wonderfully healthy brew. What’s more, you can use Nautica’s hibiscus petals to add shine to your hair and tone your complexion.
Hibiscus flowers contain a slippery plant extract called mucilage, which soothes rashes, dry skin and itchy scalps, and works to detangle the hair. It’s also a natural astringent and moisturiser, so it’s great for softening and toning the skin.
- Steep a few hibiscus petals in a cup of hot water to make a fragrant hibiscus tea.
- Infuse the petals to make a hair and skin rinse.
- Add a hibiscus petal infusion to your shampoo for shiny hair.
- Make your own nourishing face mask with hibiscus petals and honey.
Recipe for refreshing hibiscus iced tea:
- ½ cup Nautica hibiscus petals
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup raw honey
- Lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- Place hibiscus flowers and cinnamon stick in a large jar or bowl. Add the water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 to 12 hours).
- Add honey to taste.
- Strain out the solids and serve over ice with a squeeze of lime.
- Store covered in the refrigerator; it will keep for up to one week.
Recipe for a nourishing hibiscus face mask:
- 1 tbsp Nautica hibiscus petals
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Scald hibiscus with ¼ cup of boiling water and brew for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix honey with 2 tbsp of hibiscus brew. If your mixture is too runny, you can thicken it with oat bran or cosmetic clay.
- Apply to clean face and neck. Leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse first with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
100% Hibiscus flores (hibiscus petals)
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.