Essiac formula is made from a blend of roots, bark and herbs that grow in the Canadian wilderness of Ontario. It was originally a remedy used by the region’s native Ojibway Indians.
Here’s what you’ll find in Natures Choice Essiac Formula:
- Burdock root: Boosts immunity, stimulates digestion, promotes healthy liver function. Prevents water retention by acting as a diuretic, and supports good digestive health. Burdock contains vitamin A and selenium, which fight free radicals, and chromium, which keeps blood sugar levels stable.
- Sheep sorrel: Natural diuretic, promotes healthy kidneys and urinary tract. A source of magnesium, calcium, potassium, ascorbic acid and phosphorus.
- Turkey rhubarb root: A mild natural laxative; eases indigestion and constipation. Neutralises excess acid, and promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Slippery elm bark: A source of mucilage; promotes a healthy digestive tract and helps to treat indigestion. The bark contains high levels of calcium, magnesium and vitamins A, B, C and K. Promotes healthy mucous membranes, organs and tissues.
Did You Know? Essiac formula takes its name from nurse Rene Caisse, who discovered it in the 1920s. “Essiac” is “Caisse” spelled backwards.
- Bring 16 cups of water to the boil. Add ½cup of Natures Choice Essiac Formula
- Stir the mixture well and bring to the boil. Cover and boil for 10 – 12 minutes
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to stand for 10 – 12 minutes
- Stir well, cover and bring mixture to scalding point (do not boil)
- Remove from heat, cover and let settle for 20 minutes
- Strain the liquid through a fine strainer or filter, into hot, sterilised glass jars
- Refrigerate the jars (do not freeze)
Take 4tbsp of the liquid twice daily:
- In the morning, 5 minutes before breakfast
- At bedtime, 2 hours after dinner (on an empty stomach)
Burdock root, sheep sorrel, turkey rhubarb root, slippery elm bark
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.