- Almost 10 grams of vegan protein per 100
- A good source of B vitamins, as well as essential minerals
- Low glycaemic index (GI) breakfast porridge
- Preservative free
- Dairy free
- Soya free
- Gluten free
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil
- Stir in 1 cup Nature's Choice Sorghum Meal
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour
- Serve with sugar to taste, with your favourite milk and choice of nuts, seeds, or raisins and a teaspoon of cocoa
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Did you know? Sorghum requires as little as 300 mm of rainfall per year, whereas maize crops require a minimum of 350 mm. This makes sorghum ~17% more water efficient than maize.
- 500 g
- 100% Sorghum Meal
Typical Nutritional Information:
Per 100 g
- Energy (kJ) 1503
- Protein (g) 8,4
- Total Carbohydrates (g) 72
- Of which total sugar (g) 2
- Total Fat (g) 3,3
- Of which saturated fat (g) 0,5
- Monounsaturated (g) 0,9
- Polyunsaturated (g) 1,4
- Dietary Fibre (g) 6,6
- Sodium (mg) 3
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa.
2 out of 2 people would recommend this product14/01/2018, By MoniqueLove love love this! But am struggling to find it anywhere lately :( dischem doesn't seem to stock it anymore either. I'm very miffed, this is my and my kiddies favourite porridge. Come back pleeeeeease14/01/2018, By CarlaLove this grain! Just don't follow package instructions and add the flour to boiling water. It will clump like crazy. First mix with some cold water on the side.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.