Some great reasons to eat more spelt:
- Contains high levels of protein
- Great source of fibre for healthy digestion
- Lower gluten content than wheat pasta
- Easier to digest than wheat pasta
- Contains 8 essential amino acids
- Source of vitamins B1, B2, B3 & B17
- Source of copper, manganese & zinc
- Has a pleasant nutty flavour
Recipe for Curry Pasta Salad:
- 225g Naturata Organic Spelt Pasta Spirals, uncooked
- 1tsp curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1Tbsp Martinnaise vegan mayonnaise
- 1Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & finely chopped
- ¼ cup raisins/ sultanas
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ cup firm tofu, crumbled
- 3Tbsp pine nuts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta & cook for 8- 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta.
- In a large bowl, combine the curry powder, salt, mayonnaise & lemon juice.
- Add the cooked pasta & toss to coat.
- Add the apple, raisins, green onion, carrots, tofu & nuts. Mix well.
- Serve & enjoy!
Spelt flour type 812 from biodynamic production (Demeter).
Please Note: May contain traces of egg.
Nutritional Information (per 100g):
- Energy: 1528kJ/ 361kcal
- Fat: 1.9g
- of which saturates: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 69.4g
- of which sugars: 1.7g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Salt: <0.1g
1 out of 1 people would recommend this product14/01/2018, By MoniqueLove these...the best alternative to wheat pasta, you practically can't tell the difference. It's quite pricy though :/
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.