Pentagen effectively targets 5 main areas affected by upper respiratory tract infections:
1. Blocked & runny nose
2. Painful & inflamed sinuses
3. Sore throat & tonsillitis
4. Loose or tight cough & associated pain in chest
5. General mild fever, headache & fatigue
Homoeophatic Mode of Action
- Clinical trials have shown standardized extracts of Pelargonium sidoides to safely and effectively shorten the severity and duration of acute bronchitis and tonsillopharyngitis. Perhaps most notable has been the rapid recovery noted for children with non-group A beta-haemolytic streptococcus tonsillopharyngitis. In Pentagen these scientifically proven antibacterial and immune modulatory properties of Pelargonium sidoides are further complemented by key homoeopathic ingredients.
- Ferrum phosphoricum for first stage of all feverish and inflammatory conditions. Especially beneficial for first stages of colds and sore throats.
- Hydrastis canadensis for thick, yellow ropy mucus in the nose, sinuses and throat. Also for cough with burning pain in chest and thick yellow expectoration.
- Kalium bichromicum for blocked nose and tough, stringy, viscid secretions of the sinuses, pharynx, the larynx and bronchi. Especially effective for treating post nasal drip and ‘snuffles’ in children.
- Mercurius solubilis for swollen glands including the tonsils and lymph glands as well as sinusitis with frequent sneezing, burning nasal passages and catarrhal headaches. Also for foul-smelling discharges.
- Natrium muriaticum for profuse runny nose and frontal sinus inflammation often accompanied by frequent or explosive sneezing. Also helps for feeling of great weakness and weariness.
- Polygala senega for excessive, tough mucus in the respiratory passages and cough with pressure feeling in chest, pain in back and difficult expectoration.
- Pulsatilla pratensis for thick, bland discharges8G. Especially for alternating runny nose and loose cough in the morning; blocked nose, dry cough and difficulty breathing at night.
- Sambucus nigra for spasmodic, suffocative cough and blocked nose with congestive dryness of the nasal mucosa. Especially beneficial for snuffles in children with difficulty sleeping.
Adults over 12 years: Take 30 drops (1.5 ml) 3 times daily.
Children 6–12 years: Take 20 drops (1.0 ml) 3 times daily.
Children 6 months – 6 years: Take 10 drops (0.5 ml) 3 times daily.
For best results, use at the first signs of cold or flu and take Pentagen for at least 5 days. Continue to take for at least 2- 3 days after symptoms have abated to prevent recurrence. Once Pentagen has been opened, it is recommended that any liquid which remains after 30 days should be discarded.
Each 100 g liquid contains:
- Pelargonium sidoides radix (1:10) 80.0 g
- Ferrum phosphoricum 6CH
- Hydrastis canadensis 6CH
- Kalium bichromicum 6CH
- Mercurius solubilis 6CH
- Natrium muriaticum 6CH
- Polygala senega 3CH
- Pulsatilla vulgaris 30CH
- Sambucus nigra 6CH
- Inactives: Glycerol 42%; Ethyl alcohol 15%
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.