- Exciting, neutral tone with cinnamon shades
- Breathe new life into old furniture, cabinets, and countertops
- Unique finish, with versatile texturing
- Adheres beautifully to canvas, paper, and card
- Completely biodegradable
- Non-toxic and child-safe
- Does not chip or flake
- Free from VOCs, HAPs, and EPA-exempt solvents
- Hand mixed and packed
- Primarily wood and porous surfaces, such as unpainted timber, plaster, concrete, plasterboard, gypsum board, fibre cement board, gypsum plaster, Plaster of Paris.
- It is not necessary to apply an undercoat or primer to plastered walls and drywalls prior to painting with Milk Paint powder. However, if there are patches (Polyfiller, or a wall that has plaster and paint patches) then these may show through as Milk Paint is absorbed by the plaster. If you want to achieve of a unform effect, then do use a primer. If you want a more rustic look, then don't use a primer.
- Milk Paint Powder leaves a coarse finish. You can smooth it out using a Scotch Brite or similar kitchen scourer
- Milk Paint will water-spot if it has not been sealed and something gets spilt on it or if it is wiped with water. Decorative pieces do not need to be sealed, but functional pieces should be – hard working surfaces such as table tops should be sealed.
- Linseed Oil or Tung Oil will give you an eco-friendly, water resistant seal to the surface.
- Mix water into the powder at a ratio 1:1½ (water:powder)
- The mix will be about as thick as pancake batter
- Allow 10 to 20 minutes for the mixture to cure
- Apply milk paint with a brush, foam-roller, foam pad, or rag
- Allow one to two hours drying time between coats
- The paint will fully cure within 24 hours
- Once mixed, use within 24 hours
- Store in the fridge if not being used during this period
Did you know?
- Milk paint is one of the oldest known forms of paint. Cave paintings, dating many thousands of years old, may have been made from milk paint. It is an extremely durable paint.
- Available in packages which make 100 ml, and packages which make 500 ml.
- Skimmed milk powder (casein), Calcium Hydroxide, Kaolin, Calcium Sulphate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron (III) Oxide, Silicon Dioxide.
Country of Origin:
- Made in South Africa