Mesophilic Culture is used for semi-soft and fresh cheeses such as:
- Blue cheese
- Cream cheese
- Cottage cheese
Please note that this culture is more suitable for experienced cheese makers as it can be used in a number of different cheesemaking applications.
About the culture…
- 2 x 2g sachet of Mesophilic Culture
- Mesophilic Culture’s set at medium temperatures
- You can set up to 50 litres of milk using the daughter culture method*
- Instructions not included
Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese
*Getting more out of your culture (Mother – Daughter technique)
- Heat 1 litre, long life milk to between 34°C and 36°C
- Put an ⅛ of a teaspoon culture into the milk and stir thoroughly
- Incubate over night at between 34°C and 36°C
- Place the cultured milk in the fridge
- When needed to inoculate milk use in a 2% proportion. Thus on 10ℓ of milk use 200mƖ
- This cultured milk can be used for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. Then make a new batch.
Please note: depending on which cheese you are making you will need various accessories and extras besides providing your own milk – we have a range of cheese making goodies from Crafty Cultures available here.
Useful info: Crafty Cultures natural yoghurt starter with extra probiotics containing Lactobacillus acidophilus (available at Faithful to Nature) is considered one of the best cultures in this range for culturing nut cheeses.
Contains dairy. Packaged in a facility that also manufactures products made with wheat, soy, eggs, nuts, and fish.
(LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
(LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.