This Martinniase recipe is great for caterers as well as household use, because it’s suitable for vegans and vegetarians, diabetics, those with allergies and cholesterol sensitivities, and for all faith groups.
- No egg
- No dairy
- No soy
- No onion or garlic
- No cane sugar
What makes the Martinnaise range healthier than ordinary mayo?
- Low in fat, cholesterol-free
- Very low oil content (only 25%)
- No chemical preservatives, MSG, alcohol or artificial colourants
- Vinegar used is sulphur dioxide-free
- Sunflower oil used is Heart Foundation approved & SANHA approved
- No Arabic gum, xanthan gum or guar gum
Refrigerate after opening. Use within 4-6 weeks.
Purified water, vegetable oil (sunflower seed) 25%, lemon juice, grape vinegar, modified corn starch*, vegetable protein (pea), raw organic birchwood xylitol, mustard, himalayan crystal rock salt, annatto, citric acid
*”Modified” in this case means that the ingredient has undergone chemical or physical modification, to give the product the desired characteristics; thickening, binding, stability and improved mouth feel. Martinnaise ingredients are NOT genetically modified.
16 out of 19 people would recommend this product20/03/2020, By JankeI'm happy with this. A few things to expect:
- It's got a slightly runnier consistency than mayo normally has, but only slightly!
- This mayo is a bit richer than normal mayo, so you'll need a lot less.
- It's not extremely tangy, but it is tangy! I would add some vinegar powder or lemon juice to it if you want to preserve the consistency but add more tang.19/03/2020, By VeganshmeganSo delicious26/01/2020, By J9Fantastic tasting vegan mayo...only one without garlic...brilliant on lettuce or for making vegan potato salad coleslaw!!09/07/2019, By TselengGood alternative to regular mayo, but has a very strong kick. I enjoyed it though, I like it26/06/2019, By CharDelicious and works well in potato salad giving it a tangy taste. And it's vegan!04/11/2018, By MeganLoooove it! my favorite of the lot27/09/2018, By MagosechabaThis Is Something U Try When U Want To Go Vegan.15/08/2018, By SandraCreamy, thick, tangy taste - better than any mayo I've tried!10/07/2018, By NatI reviewed this product not too long ago - I was quite disappointed with the flavour and assumed it was the new recipe. We recently tried it again and this one tastes much better than the previous one (three in fact) that I was talking about. Perhaps it was just a bad batch? I certainly hope so. I still wish the fat content would be what it was but the product tastes great.24/06/2018, By NatThis used to be so tangy and full of flavour - so close to the Cross and Blackwell mayo but now there is hardly any flavour. The fat content is much higher now too - the unhealthy kind. Very unhealthy kind. The green bottles were awesome! These gold ones justvarent anywhere near the green ones (the previous recipe)17/04/2018, By KateSo nice to have tasty, vegan mayonnaise products available. It is a great product and not too much of a difference in flavour to normal mayonnaises that one finds in the shops.31/03/2018, By TracySooooo delicious. Never going back to normal Mayo again.24/03/2018, By MariaI really liked this one when I first tried it on its own. However, when eaten on bread, crackers, or mixed with anything at all, the taste changes and ends up being really sweet and strange, not like the initial impression at all. It's fine when eaten with a spoon but since mayonnaise is not meant to be eaten that way, I definitely won't be buying this again.06/03/2018, By DarrenTI agree with a below comment: "just like the tangy Crosse & Blackwell mayo". It is just so delicious. It's actually better since you don't have a glue kind of smell which you get from normal mayonaise. This one just seems so much healthier - no nonsense.01/03/2018, By NatanyaAH!! this is just like the tangy Crosse & Blackwell mayo that i just lUrve! So happy this exists!30/11/2017, By ZestI was dubious that any vegan mayo could match my beloved tangy Crosse & Blackwell, but this product is surprisingly thick, creamy and tangy! It tastes only a little different to normal mayo and won't take my tastebuds long to adjust. I'm a convert now and would definitely buy this again. I also love that it doesn't have onion or garlic powders in it, as those ingredients generally don't agree with me. An all-round winner!03/11/2017, By MaureenGot a sample of this in a previous order and liked the taste so ordered a full size jar. This is one of the best vegan mayos I have tried in South Africa and I will work my way through the other flavours. I like the fact that it is actually tangy and not filled with sugar which I have found with other popular vegan mayonnaise. We all have different tastes and expectations from mayonnaise but I am sticking with this one for now :).10/08/2017, By RosieTastes like Mayo to me, yummy!14/02/2016, By ReneCreamy, with a slight horse-radishy tang.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.