- Colour: Honey Brown
- Gives 100% grey coverage in one quick application.
- Permanent dye.
- Contains only five chemical ingredients. When mixed, all these chemicals together comprise a maximum of only 2% of the total.
- Contains herbal extracts of rose petal powder, amla, shikakai, henna and bhringraj to nourish your hair and scalp, encouraging hair growth, reducing premature greying and solving problems like dandruff.
- Contains no ammonia or resorcinol or sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Contains no bleach so cannot lighten your hair.
- Can be used with the 100% Herbal dyes.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty and Vegan.
- Certified Halaal.
- Contains certified organic herbal ingredients.
All permanent chemical hair dyes contain Para-dyes such as para-phenylenediamine (PPD) and p-amino phenol. It is not possible for them to work so quickly and effectively without these chemicals. Unfortunately these compounds are not good for us and this is why it is important to limit our exposure to them and to other dye chemicals. Note that the darker the shade the more Para-dyes it contains.
The Low Chemical dyes already contain extremely low amounts of chemicals, but you can further reduce these quantities by mixing the Low Chemical shades with the Love My Hair 100% herbal colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half Low Chemical Black and half 100% Herbal Soft Black. This will still give you the grey coverage you need with even fewer chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Low Chemical component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
- Wait at 2-4 weeks before using Love My Hair Low Chemical dyes on previously dyed hair and vice versa. You can use this product after using herbal dyes and other chemical dyes.
- Do a skin patch test to check for allergies.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing all your hair, especially if you have bleached, permed or straightened hair. This will also determine the application time.
- Apply to freshly washed, dry hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon/spatula to mix the dye.
- Slowly pour 300-350ml warm water to the dye powder and mix to a smooth consistency similar to that of custard.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel and put on the gloves.
- Apply dye to your hair in sections using your fingers, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends.
- Pile your hair on top of your head and wipe any dye off your ears and hairline.
- Cover your head with cling-wrap and wrap a towel around your head. The cling wrap will create warmth and ensure the dye is packed firmly onto your roots.
- Leave the dye on for 20 - 50 minutes but no longer than 50 minutes. The longer you leave the dye on the deeper the final colour.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly until the water runs clear, then shampoo and condition.
The indicated colour is a guide, the final colour will vary slightly depending on your original colour and application time.
- 100g is enough for 1 application on collar to shoulder-length hair, depending on thickness.
- To re-touch roots, mix up ½ a packet, depending on hair thickness and length of roots. Seal the packet to use the remainder of the dye powder for the next treatment.
- After the dye has been mixed with water, any left-over mixture must be discarded.
- It is best to avoid all chemical dyes during pregnancy. If you want to dye your hair, rather use the Love My Hair 100% Herbal range.
Henna, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), barium peroxide, 2-nitro paraphenylenediamine, para amino phenol, rose petal powder, amla, bhringraj, shikakai, citric acid, sodium laurel sulphate and sodium sulphate.
5 out of 8 people would recommend this product27/01/2019, By JoIt didn’t really dry my hair out, which is great. However, my hair was kind of blondish but I wanted it a bit darker blonde so I tried this. It turned the blonde a reddish brown, I don’t know why. It is also very messy.05/11/2018, By EliseWas a little messy, made my hair shiny but found the Honey brown too light, will try a darker brown next time.07/10/2018, By MaroIt is quite messy to mix and use and is not effective in covering a lot of grey. I will not buy again04/10/2018, By ThaveshneeWont buy this again06/09/2018, By KaryI have used chemical off the shelf Permanent hair colors for many years. I decided to try this healthier option. I am so happy I changed ! It is excellent. My hair feels great and looks better than great !. After doing my research on Love My Hair website and Faithful to Nature website I decided to mix the Ultra Low Chemical Honey Brown with the 100% Herbal Brown. I Mixed the two full packets together. I chose Honey Brown even though my hair color is darker. Im glad I decided to choose lighter tone as recommended on your site, as it turned out the perfect dark reddish brown shade that I wanted. I had done a strand test, so decided to leave it on for an hour instead of the recommended 30 minutes. It became quite hard and dry like a mud pack for the hair. It was more difficult to apply and bit more messy than other "liquid" products, but certainly worth it, and after getting used to using it, the application is now as easy as others. I'm very happy with the perfect color I wanted and just beautiful condition. Thank you for this product ! I will definitely continue using this now, without any guilt or stress about putting dangerous chemicals into my body.01/01/2018, By SuzanneThis must be the gentlest hair dye that I’ve ever used. It has a pleasant tea-ish-herbal type of smell and no burn or sting. It definitely covers grey hairs, although in a less uniform “uni-colour” than typical box dyes. I have naturally dull auburn hair (with about 5% greys mingled throughout) and this colour perked it up nicely. As an added bonus: it made my hair VERY shiny and STRAIGHT, plus I used only half the packet on my medium length hair! All in all: a gentle colour that is soft on the eye and the wallet – I shall definitely buy it again.04/09/2017, By Curious BuyerFeel grainy. Smell horrid. Gave a massive headache and did nothing to my hair colour16/03/2016, By MiaInitially i thought: oh no, not henna...
but despite the slightly harder work than conventional dye, what a wonderful natural hair treatment! I had no side effects like the usual headaches, the colour is beautiful, the greys are covered slightly highlighted - i love it!
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.