- Gives 100% grey coverage in one quick application.
- Permanent dye.
- Contains only six chemical Ingredients. When mixed, all these chemicals together comprise a maximum of only 2% of the total.
- Contains herbal extracts of rose petal powder, amla, shikakai, henna and bhringraj to nourish your hair and scalp, encouraging hair growth, reducing premature greying and solving problems like dandruff.
- The indicated colour can be achieved on grey, naturally blond, light brown and medium brown hair.
- Contains no ammonia or resorcinolor or sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Can be mixed with the Love My Hair 100% Herbal dyes to further reduce chemical exposure.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty and Vegan SA.
- Certified Halaal.
- Contains certified and uncertified organic herbal ingredients.
- This dye does contain Para-Dye. If you are allergic to chemical hair dyes please do not use this product.
- Note that this dye does not contain any bleaching chemicals so can’t lighten black hair to a dark brown shade. It can only add colour.
- Wait at 3-4 weeks before using Love My Hair Low Chemical dyes on previously dyed hair and vice versa. You can use this product after using herbal dyes and other chemical dyes.
- Do a skin patch test to check for allergies.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing all your hair, especially if you have bleached, permed or straightened hair. This will also determine the application time.
- Apply to freshly washed, dry hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon/spatula to mix the dye.
- Slowly pour 300-350ml warm water to the dye powder and mix to a smooth consistency similar to that of custard.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel and put on the gloves.
- Apply dye to your hair in sections using your fingers, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends.
- Pile your hair on top of your head and wipe any dye off your ears and hairline.
- Cover your head with cling-wrap and wrap a towel around your head. The cling wrap will create warmth and ensure the dye is packed firmly onto your roots.
- Leave the dye on for 20 - 50 minutes but no longer than 50 minutes. The longer you leave the dye on the deeper the final colour.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly until the water runs clear, then shampoo and condition.
- You can mix this dye with the other Love My Hair shades to make a unique colour for your hair.
- If your hair feels dry after using this dye a conditioning treatment with a cold-pressed plant oil such as coconut, olive, Argan, black cumin or Jojoba Oil will remedy it.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing your whole head. This will determine the correct application time and give you an idea of the final colour.
- Every time you dye your hair, the colour will get darker, so if you don’t want this to happen, just dye your roots when you dye your hair.
- You can use this dye on bleached/highlighted hair, but it will give a darker colour.
- 1 x 100g Packet Low Chemical Dark Hair Dye.
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Clarifying Shampoo (For before dye application).
- 1 x 10 ml Sachet Sulphate-Free Shampoo (To wash out dye).
- 1 x Instruction Leaflet.
- 1 x Application Gloves.
- Henna*, Rose petal powder**, Amla*, Bhringraj*, Shikakai*, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), Barium peroxide, 2-nitro paraphenylenediamine, Para amino phenol, Citric Acid, Sodium sulphate.
- *Certified organic.
- **Uncertified organic.
1 out of 2 people would recommend this product09/12/2019, By CathUnfortunately FTN sent the wrong product to the customer. She thought she was applying the herbal dye and left the dye for too long on her hair, which resulted in a very dark colour and damaged hair.29/01/2018, By lieslI will never ever use this product again! I followed all instructions, but ended up with almost black hair which is so brittle and coarse. i can hardly get a comb through my hair and it is falling out every time i put my hand through my hair. Not even coconut oil helped.
Response from supplier:
Liesl had been using the 100% herbal dye for ages and loved how this worked. An error was made when Liesl ordered her favourite dye from FTN and she was sent the Low chemical dye which sadly might have caused an allergic reaction.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.