- Colour: Brown
- Gives 100% grey coverage in one quick application.
- Permanent dye.
- Contains only five chemical ingredients. When mixed, all these chemicals together comprise a maximum of only 2% of the total.
- Contains herbal extracts of rose petal powder, amla, shikakai, henna and bhringraj to nourish your hair and scalp, encouraging hair growth, reducing premature greying and solving problems like dandruff.
- Contains no ammonia or resorcinol or sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Contains no bleach so cannot lighten your hair.
- Can be used with the 100% Herbal dyes.
- Approved by Beauty without Cruelty and Vegan.
- Certified Halaal.
- Contains certified organic herbal ingredients.
All permanent chemical hair dyes contain Para-dyes such as para-phenylenediamine (PPD) and p-amino phenol. It is not possible for them to work so quickly and effectively without these chemicals. Unfortunately these compounds are not good for us and this is why it is important to limit our exposure to them and to other dye chemicals. Note that the darker the shade the more Para-dyes it contains.
The Low Chemical dyes already contain extremely low amounts of chemicals, but you can further reduce these quantities by mixing the Low Chemical shades with the Love My Hair 100% herbal colours. For example, if you have completely grey roots and you want black hair, you can make a dye mixture of half Low Chemical Black and half 100% Herbal Soft Black. This will still give you the grey coverage you need with even fewer chemicals! You can also experiment with reducing the Low Chemical component of your mixture until you find a ratio that works best for you.
- Wait at 2-4 weeks before using Love My Hair Low Chemical dyes on previously dyed hair and vice versa. You can use this product after using herbal dyes and other chemical dyes.
- Do a skin patch test to check for allergies.
- You must do a strand test before dyeing all your hair, especially if you have bleached, permed or straightened hair. This will also determine the application time.
- Apply to freshly washed, dry hair.
- Use a non-metallic bowl and spoon/spatula to mix the dye.
- Slowly pour 300-350ml warm water to the dye powder and mix to a smooth consistency similar to that of custard.
- Cover your shoulders with a towel and put on the gloves.
- Apply dye to your hair in sections using your fingers, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends.
- Pile your hair on top of your head and wipe any dye off your ears and hairline.
- Cover your head with cling-wrap and wrap a towel around your head. The cling wrap will create warmth and ensure the dye is packed firmly onto your roots.
- Leave the dye on for 20 - 50 minutes but no longer than 50 minutes. The longer you leave the dye on the deeper the final colour.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly until the water runs clear, then shampoo and condition.
The indicated colour is a guide, the final colour will vary slightly depending on your original colour and application time.
- 100g is enough for 1 application on collar to shoulder-length hair, depending on thickness.
- To re-touch roots, mix up ½ a packet, depending on hair thickness and length of roots. Seal the packet to use the remainder of the dye powder for the next treatment.
- After the dye has been mixed with water, any left-over mixture must be discarded.
- It is best to avoid all chemical dyes during pregnancy. If you want to dye your hair, rather use the Love My Hair 100% Herbal range.
Henna, PPD (para-phenylenediamine), Barium Peroxide, 2-Nitro Paraphenylenediamine, Para Amino Phenol, Rose Petal Powder, Amla, Bhringraj, Shikakai, Citric Acid and Sodium Sulphate.
2 out of 3 people would recommend this product24/01/2019, By MarliesI mixed this product with light auburn 100% natural. The process was simple. I mixed the powder (both boxes, as my hair is long and thick) with warm water and worked the warm mixture onto scalp and hair, which felt like a lovely clay mask treatment. I left it for longer than the recommended time (45 min) to make sure my greys were covered and this made the colour much darker than I anticipated. The colour is deep and my hair is shiny and healthy. I’m glad I found this product. The plastic gloves are not working well and please don’t wet your hands before putting them on (as recommended in the leaflet) as you will never be able to get them on!30/12/2018, By VickiIt left my hair feeling dry. It did cover my grays but it has left my hair feeling like straw20/11/2015, By JesseThis low chemical dye worked better than I had expected. It also smells like plants. The Brown is a very dark brown though, even though I didn leave it on very long. I will probably try a slightly lighter colour next time. It looks great, very happy.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice. Some products may be manufactured in a factory that also produce gluten, nuts and dairy products.